Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Hello, I am new here, what new rules would these be? Any news on where abouts in real time the embassy are with applications, mine was filed mid January so I think I still have a month or so to hear
Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

Originally Posted by oliver22
Hello, I am new here, what new rules would these be? Any news on where abouts in real time the embassy are with applications, mine was filed mid January so I think I still have a month or so to hear
Check out the nov/dec/jan timeline thread, it will give you an idea of timelines. I would imagine it would be longer than another month for you to hear anything - judging by how slowly things are moving I filed dec 9th, and it certainly doesn't look like I will hear anything before May.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

wareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to all

to those of you getting ready for interview in London and preparing the necessary documents.

V quick question. I notice we need proof of sponsors US citizenship. Will a copy of passports (un notarised) be acceptable? I cant see anywhere on the USCIS websote that says it needs to be notarised

My sponsors will be in the US at the time of interview and I wont be able to actually have their passports with me.

Thanks
Old Apr 13th 2011, 9:46 am
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wareagle
V quick question. I notice we need proof of sponsors US citizenship. Will a copy of passports (un notarised) be acceptable? Thanks
Yes, that's all they need.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

wareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by C_C
Yes, that's all they need.
great stuff
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

to those of you getting ready for interview in London and preparing the necessary documents.

V quick question. I notice we need proof of sponsors US citizenship. Will a copy of passports (un notarised) be acceptable? I cant see anywhere on the USCIS websote that says it needs to be notarised

My sponsors will be in the US at the time of interview and I wont be able to actually have their passports with me.

Thanks
Hi, do we still need to supply proof of the sponsor's US citizenship if he is the one who files the I-130 petition. I read in the I-864 instructions that this is unnecessary if you the sponsor has filed the petition and supplied this proof with the petition already:

"Proof of U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident status is required for joint and substitute sponsors and for relatives of employment-based immigrants who file this form. Petitioning relatives who have already filed proof of their citizenship or immigration status with Forms I-130, Form I-129F, I-600 and I-600A do not need to submit proof of their status with this form."
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:43 am
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by katq
Hi, do we still need to supply proof of the sponsor's US citizenship if he is the one who files the I-130 petition. I read in the I-864 instructions that this is unnecessary if you the sponsor has filed the petition and supplied this proof with the petition already:

"Proof of U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident status is required for joint and substitute sponsors and for relatives of employment-based immigrants who file this form. Petitioning relatives who have already filed proof of their citizenship or immigration status with Forms I-130, Form I-129F, I-600 and I-600A do not need to submit proof of their status with this form."
True. I also had a co-sponsor though, for whom proof of citizenship was requested at the interview
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

this just in - interview on may 13th 8am. Assuming I get my Visa the following week (20th) It will have taken 7 months and 1 week for the whole process
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

harrini1 is an unknown quantity at this point

this just in - interview on may 13th 8am. Assuming I get my Visa the following week (20th) It will have taken 7 months and 1 week for the whole process
When was your i-130 recieved by USCIS?
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by harrini1
When was your i-130 recieved by USCIS?
I just had a quick look back through this thread for you as I couldnt remember.

I-130 was approved on the 25th Feb, it was received on the 14th October.

So, 4 and a half months to process the I-130.

I have seen some of your other posts and I hate to say it but I dont think you'll be able to take up your offer of employment for end of May.

Not sure if it's possible but you call your new employer and try to explain the situation and see if they'll keep your job open for you?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that something happens and you make it through on time.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Do they send email confirmation you have been approved before written with the case number?

Oli
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oliver22
Do they send email confirmation you have been approved before written with the case number?

Oli
from hearing others on this forum my belief is they very rarely communicate via email. I have only ever had post from them
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help, just wondering how people know they have approval and then have to wait around 2 weeks it seems before they receive their case number

Oli
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

harrini1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just had a quick look back through this thread for you as I couldnt remember.

I-130 was approved on the 25th Feb, it was received on the 14th October.

So, 4 and a half months to process the I-130.

I have seen some of your other posts and I hate to say it but I dont think you'll be able to take up your offer of employment for end of May.

Not sure if it's possible but you call your new employer and try to explain the situation and see if they'll keep your job open for you?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that something happens and you make it through on time.
Thanks for all the info- i will speak to the US monday and see if anything can be done, but i agree, its not looking too hopeful!
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

shortperson is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my interview date today april 26th im so excited. congrats on your date

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.