Reload this Page >

Any I-129f filers/petitioners?

Wikiposts

Any I-129f filers/petitioners?

Old Jan 7th 2011, 12:25 am
Just Joined

Britlover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any I-129f filers/petitioners?

We filed our fiance visa packet in November - they received it November 2nd. Its been 2 months, and all we have received is the letter saying they got it with the case number.

Was wondering if people who filed the same time has received any other word, any request for more info, or been approved?

Thanks!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 1:28 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any November 2010 I-129f filers?

Originally Posted by Britlover
Its been 2 months, and all we have received is the letter saying they got it with the case number.
It generally takes 3-4 months for the I-129F to be approved. So, you've still got a lot of time ahead of you!

Ian
Old Jan 7th 2011, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

uknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud ofuknobby has much to be proud of

i agree with Ian you probably will hear no more for at least another 6-8 weeks, I did mine back in Dec 09 and apart from an RFE in Feb 2010 heard nothing till it was approved in May 2010 so 4-5 months hope this helps just keep thinking bout all the good times to come its a struggle but well worth it
Old Jan 7th 2011, 2:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Lately it's been about a 5-month wait for I-129F approval.

Britlover, give it another 3 months before wondering what's up.

Rene
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

bivlover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any I-129f filers/petitioners?

We filed ours in early august, so just went past the five month mark, which is the estimate USCIS give on their website. My fiance phoned USCIS to ask if they could give a more accurate estimate, they said another month probably. So more waiting for us

(This was at the California Service Centre. I believe waiting times differ at different offices).
Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

JupiterAndBeyond will become famous soon enough

We filed just a few days ago so there's a long wait ahead of us!

I notice on Visajourney.com that the time between NOA1 and NOA2 varies hugely, I looked at the Vermont Service Centre (which I assume is where our paperwork will be processed) and it varies from 54 days to over 1000 days. The latter might be a date mistake or at least I hope it is!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bivlover
We filed ours in early august, so just went past the five month mark, which is the estimate USCIS give on their website. My fiance phoned USCIS to ask if they could give a more accurate estimate, they said another month probably. So more waiting for us

(This was at the California Service Centre. I believe waiting times differ at different offices).
same here we submitted our i-129f on 2nd august and received the NOA on 17rth of august and heard bugger all since then.

I'm like a coiled spring ready to leap into action once we get approved

Lx
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

bivlover is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I'm not sure if the phone call made the difference, but we got the approval letter today, dated the day after the call! Ended up being around 5 months after all! So we're on the next stage now!

Hopefully, Bubblechog, this means you'll only have another few days to wait too!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm not sure if the phone call made the difference, but we got the approval letter today, dated the day after the call! Ended up being around 5 months after all! So we're on the next stage now!

Hopefully, Bubblechog, this means you'll only have another few days to wait too!
Congrats and good luck with th next stage.
I'll tell my TAS to keep his usually lax eye on the post.
Lx
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Well 3 weeks and a telephone call later We've got our approval just short of 6 months! Yaaay

I'm just double checking the wiki for the next step

Lx
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:05 am
Just Joined

Britlover is an unknown quantity at this point

So when you say you called....I called (im extremely excited and impatient) and just call the 1-800-375 number....and they couldnt tell me anything...just that they received it...and the wait time is 5 months. It wasnt the california service center i dont think...just the number on the NOA1 form.

Mine probably wont be ready...just getting excited....and missing my fiance so bad it hurts. This last leg of the part is killing me. Its been 1 yr and two months since we were together more than 6 consecutive days together. Had visits in that time...but only 5-6 days at a time. Just impatient...
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Britlover;9152069]So when you say you called....I called (im extremely excited and impatient) and just call the 1-800-375 number....and they couldnt tell me anything...just that they received it...and the wait time is 5 months. It wasnt the california service center i dont think...just the number on the NOA1 form.
[QUOTE]

Like Bivlover I don't know if the call to politely find out what was going on made any difference but we got our approval a few days later.

We got our NOA1 in the middle of August and the approval 5 months and 20 days later. We're going through vermont so it's not even be an indication of how california is doing

Lx
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Mav42 is just really niceMav42 is just really niceMav42 is just really niceMav42 is just really niceMav42 is just really niceMav42 is just really niceMav42 is just really niceMav42 is just really nice

Vermont have been backlogged since about August last year following the US government's decision to grant temporary protected status (TPS) to all Haitian illegal immigrants, and to expedite all Haitian visa petitions.

The deadline for applications pertaining to TPS however passed on January 18, and since then Vermont have sped up considerably - last week alone approving about three weeks' worth of petitions.

Not yet sure whether this will continue once they've reduced the average wait to 5 months (it's about 6 right now), but it's progress.