Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any Feb'04 AOS applicants?

Any Feb'04 AOS applicants?

Old Jan 24th 2005, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Paw1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Feb'04 AOS applicants?

Just wanna make sure I'm not in a unique position. You can see from my timeline that it's been 11 months since I-485 application. Is this normal? According to the USCIS website I should have already had an interview date my now, KC local office is already processing August applicants. I just got off the phone with CIS, they're not sure why it's taking them so long, nor can they tell me where my file is at this moment, it sure wasn't at the local office a month ago. Is anyone else in this situation? Am I just being paranoid?
Old Jan 24th 2005, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

miri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Feb'04 AOS applicants?

I'm May 'O4 -- I know I'm later than you but I've heard squat since July (when my online status was last updated). I too have called the USCIS and a query has been put on my case. So no, there are others with NOAs from the first half of 2004 still waiting...

Grr...
Old Jan 24th 2005, 8:28 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

If it makes you feel any better I'm October 2003, BUT I didn't go through KC. So if I were I'd probably get worried too if I was way past my local office time. :-/
Old Jan 24th 2005, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steffi
If it makes you feel any better I'm October 2003, BUT I didn't go through KC. So if I were I'd probably get worried too if I was way past my local office time. :-/
Also. My EAD expires in April, which leaves me 2.5 months to renew it. I was hoping to have GC by then. Guess not. What is the procedure for renewing EAD, does it as long as the first one (3 months)? I was told that I can take my old EAD docs to the local office and have it renewed immediately, is that true?
Old Jan 24th 2005, 9:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paw1
Also. My EAD expires in April, which leaves me 2.5 months to renew it. I was hoping to have GC by then. Guess not. What is the procedure for renewing EAD, does it as long as the first one (3 months)? I was told that I can take my old EAD docs to the local office and have it renewed immediately, is that true?
I think it depends on your local office procedure. If you can't do a walk-in renewal, you will mail a renewal I-765 (either to your local office or the Chicago address...check uscis.gov for updated mailing address), and supporting documents. USCIS recommends filing the renewal EAD 6 months before the current one expires. If you have to mail in the EAD renewal, I'd do it ASAP.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 24th 2005, 9:36 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paw1
Hmm, that really sucks! EAD's are taking a really long time to process at the moment. If you fall under the new category of sending your application in to Chicago then I can tell you that according to the USCIS website they are currently working on applications dated October 14th 2004 (as of January 21st). Which means it's slightly over 3 months. So that means that even if you apply now you will probably have to stop working briefly unless you can get that green card situation taken care of before then.
Old Jan 24th 2005, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Steffi]Hmm, that really sucks! EAD's are taking a really long time to process at the moment. If you fall under the new category of sending your application in to .... QUOTE]

Oh boy! This really screws me over. I have an appointment at the local office tomorrow morning. Let's see what they say. I hope a walk-in renewal is possible, although that's just wishful thinking in this day and age. I'm taking my I-765 application, old EAD papers and my AOS NOA. Do I need anything else for EAD renewal?
Old Jan 24th 2005, 9:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Paw1]
Hmm, that really sucks! EAD's are taking a really long time to process at the moment. If you fall under the new category of sending your application in to .... QUOTE]

Oh boy! This really screws me over. I have an appointment at the local office tomorrow morning. Let's see what they say. I hope a walk-in renewal is possible, although that's just wishful thinking in this day and age. I'm taking my I-765 application, old EAD papers and my AOS NOA. Do I need anything else for EAD renewal?
Read the instructions on the EAD application. It should list everything you need there. Basically it's the same stuff you turned in for the first EAD, plus a copy of your current EAD. Plus the $175 fee.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jan 24th 2005 at 9:56 pm. Reason: added fee
Old Jan 24th 2005, 10:00 pm
K1 via London

2 passport photos also.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Read the instructions on the EAD application. It should list everything you need there. Basically it's the same stuff you turned in for the first EAD, plus a copy of your current EAD. Plus the $175 fee.
Wait!!! You need to send in a copy of your current EAD??? Oh shit, I don't remember reading that anywhere on the application!! Aaaaaaaaah! I guess I'll get an RFE for that. Damn it!
Old Jan 24th 2005, 10:27 pm
K1 via London

Wait!!! You need to send in a copy of your current EAD??? Oh shit, I don't remember reading that anywhere on the application!! Aaaaaaaaah! I guess I'll get an RFE for that. Damn it!
I just realized that I might be confusing the EAD with the AP (since I just sent that in a few days ago). Oh god I hope I'm just mixing up the two! I'm going to have to check the second I get home.
Old Jan 24th 2005, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

cjcherri is an unknown quantity at this point

we made personal inquires to the CIS office.
Did you try this?
make sure you have infopass appointment printout
Old Jan 24th 2005, 10:36 pm

2 passport photos also.

Well...at least I think so...somewhere I heard/saw/read that they want a copy of the front and back of your current EAD. Hope you did it right and don't get RFE'd.

Rene
Old Jan 24th 2005, 10:44 pm

Well...at least I think so...somewhere I heard/saw/read that they want a copy of the front and back of your current EAD. Hope you did it right and don't get RFE'd.

Rene
I just double-checked for sure and in the instructions for the I-765, part of the backup required when you mail in the application is "a copy of your last EAD, front and back".

Rene
Old Jan 24th 2005, 11:11 pm
K1 via London

I just double-checked for sure and in the instructions for the I-765, part of the backup required when you mail in the application is "a copy of your last EAD, front and back".

Rene
Yeah, I checked it too and I saw it. But I'm thinking/hoping/praying that I am mistaking what I filed for EAD with what I filed for AP. Since I just filed for the AP a few days ago that's what's still on my mind, so I'm hoping that's it. When I get home I'll check on it since I keep copies of everything I sent with the particular application. So hopefully I just had a quick freak out and did send the right things!

On a slightly different note: how do you calculate the 90 days to go in for the interim? If my NOA date is November 12th do you count the 12th as a day, or would you start counting the 13th? And can you go in on the 90th day or do you wait until the 91st?
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:42 am

On a slightly different note: how do you calculate the 90 days to go in for the interim? If my NOA date is November 12th do you count the 12th as a day, or would you start counting the 13th? And can you go in on the 90th day or do you wait until the 91st?
I believe you start counting the 13th as day 1, and you have to wait until the 91st day to go in. According to my calculations, the day you can go get your interim is February 11th.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.