Reload this Page >

Any Feb'04 AOS applicants?

Any Feb'04 AOS applicants?

Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Paw1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Feb'04 AOS applicants?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I believe you start counting the 13th as day 1, and you have to wait until the 91st day to go in. According to my calculations, the day you can go get your interim is February 11th.

Rene
Thanks for all the replies. I just got back from the KC local office. They still don't have my file, which means it's still at the NBC. What the @#$*? I'm pissed. Reasons why they're not sending my file over, either they're looking at it or it's just gathering dust. Like that's going to make me feel better. Anyway, she was a very nice lady, and assured me that she was personally going to contact people this friday at the NBC and get my file over. She took down my phone number and said she'll let me know next friday Feb 4 the status of my file. The sad thing is that same thing happened 45 days ago and no one called me.

As for my EAD. If the local office has my file, she said I could go in on the Wed before it expires and get it renewed. it's t hat simple. But if the file isn't there then I have to send my I-765 to the NBC which is sure to take more than 90 days. I don't know if I can trust every she said to me and just wait. I hate being so helpless. What it's she's wrong about the EAD renewal at the local office?
Old Jan 25th 2005, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

USimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant future

I am march`04 AOS applicant and received an interview date for april at my local INS office from MSC. MY EAD application was approved exactly on the 9th month barrier so i have a 1 year valid EAD and hoping to get approved on april and get my greencard after a couple of months.
I guess everyone's situation is different we have to deal with everything and try to be patient and always follow up the application such as calling the 1-800 numbers or even go to the local INS office and talk to the immigration officers which are really nice and try to help u out cause you are there simply because they know u care about your situation.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 5:18 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you start counting the 13th as day 1, and you have to wait until the 91st day to go in. According to my calculations, the day you can go get your interim is February 11th.
Thanks! I wasn't sure if I could already go in the 10th. Unfortunately Patrick has class pretty much all day on the 11th, and I'd prefer to go with him (he's good at yelling at people), so I'm going to attempt to get an interview for the 14th - hmmmm, that's Valentine's day! I wish the Infopass system was easier. From checking it out they only seem to offer one day at a time. One time I checked they had an appointment for the very next day, the next time I checked they didn't have one unti like 2 weeks later. I guess maybe someone just canceled that next day appointment and that's why it was open or something. The last time I checked I think the appointment was for February 7th or something like that, so pretty close to what I need to get! I better make sure to check first thing in the morning for appointments before they're all gone.

Oh, and sorry about the freak-out yesterday! I checked my files and I did send in all the right stuff. I confused it with the AP - phew I was worried there for a sec!

Paw1: I don't know what to tell you. I've gone into the Atlanta office and they also told me they'd call me - of course I never heard from them though. You're definitely in a iky situation. I guess you'll have to make a decision if you want to risk not being able to work for a while or not.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steffi
Thanks! I wasn't sure if I could already go in the 10th. Unfortunately Patrick has class pretty much all day on the 11th, and I'd prefer to go with him (he's good at yelling at people), so I'm going to attempt to get an interview for the 14th - hmmmm, that's Valentine's day! I wish the Infopass system ...
I've made 3 trips to the local office since August and my situation hasn't changed a bit. If a March AOS already has an interview date from MSC, there must be something wrong with my case. Hmmmmm. This is not good. All I do is hope they follow up on my case seriously. Today I went there with an intension to yell and get mad, but I figured that would only work against me. I mean, I wouldn't care for someone yelling at me 8am in the morning. Why should they. My next move..... perhaps do nothing for 2 weeks.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

AOS since march 04, the only thing I got from these guys was to come down for the finger prints etc. I have not heard from them since. Also applied for an EAD over 90 days now still have not heard a thing.

Going through the SF office which is meant to be faster in comparsion to TSC or NSC.

Originally Posted by Paw1
Just wanna make sure I'm not in a unique position. You can see from my timeline that it's been 11 months since I-485 application. Is this normal? According to the USCIS website I should have already had an interview date my now, KC local office is already processing August applicants. I just got off the phone with CIS, they're not sure why it's taking them so long, nor can they tell me where my file is at this moment, it sure wasn't at the local office a month ago. Is anyone else in this situation? Am I just being paranoid?
Old Jan 25th 2005, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Paw1]Just wanna make sure I'm not in a unique position. You can see from my timeline that it's been 11 months since I-485 application. Is this normal? According ...QUOTE]

Here's a thought. My applications were originally sent to Bloomington, MN because my wife was living in SD at the time. I was already in KC, so my address hasn't changed. But is it possible that MSC sent it back to Bloomington, MN instead of KC local office? How do I find out? Also, I heard we can also check AOS status at the FBI name check. How do I do that?
Old Jan 25th 2005, 7:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Paw1]
Just wanna make sure I'm not in a unique position. You can see from my timeline that it's been 11 months since I-485 application. Is this normal? According ...QUOTE]

Here's a thought. My applications were originally sent to Bloomington, MN because my wife was living in SD at the time. I was already in KC, so my address hasn't changed. But is it possible that MSC sent it back to Bloomington, MN instead of KC local office? How do I find out? Also, I heard we can also check AOS status at the FBI name check. How do I do that?
What mailing address did you use on your I-485 form? If you used your KC address, you will receive mail there. If you used the SD address, they will have sent mail there. Go back to your copy of I-485 and see which address you used.

Just so you know, FBI inquiries are running about 3 months behind. I believe they are just now getting around to inquiries made in October 2004.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 25th 2005, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

What mailing address did you use on your I-485 form? If you used your KC address...
My address on file is correct and I have my KC address in my I-485 too. My concern was my file. Even though it was first filed in MN, do they know not to sent it to back there? How can I find out when the FBI received my file?
Old Jan 28th 2005, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

My address on file is correct and I have my KC address in my I-485 too. My concern was my file. Even though it was first filed in MN, do they know not to sent it to back there? How can I find out when the FBI received my file?

we applied for my hubby's AOS and EAD in Feb'04. Got interivew in March...we got a letter in the mail but it's not updated online....
good luck!
Old Jan 28th 2005, 5:45 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rukhie
we applied for my hubby's AOS and EAD in Feb'04. Got interivew in March...we got a letter in the mail but it's not updated online....
good luck!
Where did you file through/where do you live?
Old Jan 29th 2005, 2:35 pm
Brenda Ballard

Hi
My husband and I filed the 485 in March of last year,,,,,,and I talked
to a lady in our Congressman's office and she told me that
we should be hearing soon ......and that our interview will probably be
in the summer of this year......that they are now working on October
papers.
My only concern is his renewal of his ead card
his card expires in March and we filed this in Oct of last year had his
fingerprinting done
in Nov of 2004 and we have heard nothing...the lady also told me af ter
91st day we could get the card stamped......so is this three months
after the fingerprinting or when the application is sent in.......
please respond

bb

Old Jan 31st 2005, 3:24 pm
K1 via London

Originally Posted by Brenda Ballard
Hi
My husband and I filed the 485 in March of last year,,,,,,and I talked
to a lady in our Congressman's office and she told me that
we should be hearing soon ......and that our interview will probably be
in the summer of this year......that they are now working on October
papers.
My only concern is his renewal of his ead card
his card expires in March and we filed this in Oct of last year had his
fingerprinting done
in Nov of 2004 and we have heard nothing...the lady also told me af ter
91st day we could get the card stamped......so is this three months
after the fingerprinting or when the application is sent in.......
please respond

bb
You would go in on the 91st day of your NOA date (when they acknowledged as having received your application), not from the fingerprinting date.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light

Just wanna make sure I'm not in a unique position. You can see from my timeline that it's been 11 months since I-485 application. Is this normal? According to the USCIS website I should have already had an interview date my now, KC local office is already processing August applicants. I just got off the phone with CIS, they're not sure why it's taking them so long, nor can they tell me where my file is at this moment, it sure wasn't at the local office a month ago. Is anyone else in this situation? Am I just being paranoid?

hi

i filed in april last year and just got my interview date in the mail after being told it would take about a year to get an interview in november when i called the so called "helpline"
i was really surprised to get the date so fast considering what id been told about the processing times, so hang in there
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steffi
Where did you file through/where do you live?

Steffi,
We're in hartford, CT.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:06 pm
Brenda Ballard

what is helpline.....do you have the number

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.