Reload this Page >

Any advice for getting to my wedding on K1

Wikiposts

Any advice for getting to my wedding on K1

Old Feb 24th 2008, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

Bsimmer3000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advice for getting to my wedding on K1

Ok i aint really needed to ask advice as most of my paper work has been smooth sailing. I have had my interview and everything was perfect except my passport that had a very very small amount of peeling happen on one corner. Never been pulled on it before so didnt expect to need a new one. Well they rejected it due to the passport so i got me a 4 hour quick one that day and posted to them the next day. Well they told me that it would take 2-5 days to sort out and to make sure i write in letter that its mportant to be processed quickly. Well i aint heard anything yet and wedding is in less than a month and i callled them and they said that it is going to take 20 days to complette it????? But i told them that i was told 2-5 days and they said that they must have made a mistake. So what do i do from now? They wont tell me weather they have the passport or when i can expect to get the rest of paper work back. I would have had the paper work next day if passport was ok so why is it going to take 20 days even though i sent it the next day????

Any help would be great as the people i speak to on the help lines arnt any help at all.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any advice for getting to my wedding on K1

Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
Ok i aint really needed to ask advice as most of my paper work has been smooth sailing. I have had my interview and everything was perfect except my passport that had a very very small amount of peeling happen on one corner. Never been pulled on it before so didnt expect to need a new one. Well they rejected it due to the passport so i got me a 4 hour quick one that day and posted to them the next day. Well they told me that it would take 2-5 days to sort out and to make sure i write in letter that its mportant to be processed quickly. Well i aint heard anything yet and wedding is in less than a month and i callled them and they said that it is going to take 20 days to complette it????? But i told them that i was told 2-5 days and they said that they must have made a mistake. So what do i do from now? They wont tell me weather they have the passport or when i can expect to get the rest of paper work back. I would have had the paper work next day if passport was ok so why is it going to take 20 days even though i sent it the next day????

Any help would be great as the people i speak to on the help lines arnt any help at all.
Unfortunately, it will take as long as it takes. Could be the next few days, could be the 20 days they say, might even be longer. There's just no way of knowing ahead of time when delays like this happen.

That's why it's always best not to make any definite wedding plans that can't be rearranged, until you have the visa in-hand for sure.

Did you send them the passport via a trackable method? Hopefully you did, and you can check to see at least that your passport has arrived safely there. The rest is up to them.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:19 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000

Hi:

Sigh, the State Department ALWAYS warns people not to make firm plans until the visa is in hand. If you are not here in a month, then the wedding will be delayed.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:36 am
Just Joined

Bsimmer3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replys people. I got a reply via e-mail from embassy and they said it should take no longer than 3 days to arrive. Looks like the people on the £1.20min number dont really know what the hell they are going on about. This is the 3rd time they have gave me wrong information. Ohh well thanks anyway. Just annoying as they ask you when your wedding and flight date is when you fill in the paper work for this exact reason.

Just never realised they was so strict with the passports. Have never seen one post with people having problems with there passports. They seem to be very strict as even the passport office said my old one was fine. But you have to do as they say in the end.