British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Another N400 Timeline... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/another-n400-timeline-935776/)

BenK91 Nov 19th 2020 9:26 pm

Another N400 Timeline...

Thought I'd start another timeline for my own sanity.

Filed the N400 online today (11/19/2020). Overall it was pretty slick, it definitely did kick out some of my attachments though, meaning I had to re-upload them multiple times (as I was warned by others).

Definitely still better than filing via paper/mail though! The end is in sight...

ivanidea Nov 22nd 2020 6:24 pm

Re: Another N400 Timeline...

I filed mine back in March this year. At the time, it was expected to take 4-5 months once my application reached Tampa. In time to vote!

8 months later, it's still sat in the queue somewhere. I'm still waiting to be invited for biometrics, although it would be nice if they would skip that process, since that data is already on file (several times over). It's just a waiting game now.

BenK91 Nov 23rd 2020 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by ivanidea (Post 12938519)
I filed mine back in March this year. At the time, it was expected to take 4-5 months once my application reached Tampa. In time to vote!

8 months later, it's still sat in the queue somewhere. I'm still waiting to be invited for biometrics, although it would be nice if they would skip that process, since that data is already on file (several times over). It's just a waiting game now.

Wow, can't say I'm surprised with the state of the world right now though. My biometrics for my ROC were skipped and they used them from my initial AOS application. Hoping they do the same again for this.

Estimated date of completion is October 2021 but again, wouldn't be surprised if it took significantly longer. Just happy to have it filed and at least have the end in sight.

BenK91 Jan 20th 2021 7:40 pm

Received a notice in the mail today stating that they will be reusing my biometrics (same notice I got during ROC). Online case status has not updated to reflect. Estimated case completion still shows as August 2021.

tom169 Jan 21st 2021 9:41 pm

Funnily enough I also received the notice dated yesterday having filed 10/1

BenK91 Jan 21st 2021 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by tom169 (Post 12962550)
Funnily enough I also received the notice dated yesterday having filed 10/1

Good news! I was assuming if at some point you’ve had your biometrics captured then it must be a fairly blanket thing to be sending out right now.

ivanidea Jan 27th 2021 12:08 pm

Yesterday, I went for my interview.

Despite the interviewer having an accent, wearing a mask and sitting behind a screen, I was able to answer the questions and confirm my previous answers. I think she may have been new to this role, since she congratulated and me said I would be recommended for citizenship, after I had confirmed the answers from the forms I had previously sent. It was only after the computer didn't let her proceed that she realised I needed to do the tests.

I am now in the queue, waiting to be allocated a date/time for the oath ceremony. I was told that the ceremony will be held at the USCIS building where my interview was, and that I could not bring anybody with me. My wife is disappointed, since she wanted to witness the ceremony.

I began the application last March, and hope to be a citizen before the end of February (maybe in time for my birthday).

BenK91 Jan 28th 2021 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by ivanidea (Post 12964926)
Yesterday, I went for my interview.

Despite the interviewer having an accent, wearing a mask and sitting behind a screen, I was able to answer the questions and confirm my previous answers. I think she may have been new to this role, since she congratulated and me said I would be recommended for citizenship, after I had confirmed the answers from the forms I had previously sent. It was only after the computer didn't let her proceed that she realised I needed to do the tests.

I am now in the queue, waiting to be allocated a date/time for the oath ceremony. I was told that the ceremony will be held at the USCIS building where my interview was, and that I could not bring anybody with me. My wife is disappointed, since she wanted to witness the ceremony.

I began the application last March, and hope to be a citizen before the end of February (maybe in time for my birthday).

Congratulations! Unfortunate your wife can't attend, I'm sure mine will be upset if she can't attend either. How was the interview?

ivanidea Jan 29th 2021 5:38 pm

The interview was fine. Just confirming my details, adding a change of employment, reading, writing and of course 6 questions.

My oath ceremony has been scheduled for 23rd February, at the USCIS office.

BenK91 Feb 22nd 2021 3:34 pm

Checked my online case status this morning, interview has been scheduled so just waiting for the notice in the mail so I can find out when it is!

SpoogleDrummer Feb 22nd 2021 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by BenK91 (Post 12976292)
Checked my online case status this morning, interview has been scheduled so just waiting for the notice in the mail so I can find out when it is!

They usually upload the notice to your account before it arrives in the mail, pretty sure they uploaded mine the same day they updated the status.

BenK91 Feb 22nd 2021 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 12976315)
They usually upload the notice to your account before it arrives in the mail, pretty sure they uploaded mine the same day they updated the status.

Hasn't updated yet, I'll check this evening or tomorrow but would be nice to book the day off work before it eventually arrives via snail mail.

tom169 Feb 22nd 2021 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by BenK91 (Post 12976319)
Hasn't updated yet, I'll check this evening or tomorrow but would be nice to book the day off work before it eventually arrives via snail mail.

Awesome news on the interview scheduling. Yeah, I saw my latest letter before it arrived on one of the tabs in the uscis case status. Hoping I have mine scheduled in the next couple months as my i751 expires in June.

​​​​

BenK91 Feb 23rd 2021 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by tom169 (Post 12976441)
Awesome news on the interview scheduling. Yeah, I saw my latest letter before it arrived on one of the tabs in the uscis case status. Hoping I have mine scheduled in the next couple months as my i751 expires in June.

​​​​

Wow, for some reason I thought your I-751 had been adjudicated, hopefully that happens soon!

Documents tab was updated this morning, interview is on the 1st April, April Fools Day! :lol:

ivanidea Feb 23rd 2021 8:06 pm

The letter was uploaded to the site within a couple of days, so I knew what was happening before USPS delivered the letter.

So, today was the 'big' day.

Bit of an anticlimax, since guests were not allowed. Nor were we allowed to take photos inside the building.

Scheduled time was 1pm. Letter stated you could arrive up to 30 minutes before the ceremony. I got there for quarter to.

The ceremony didn't start until quarter past, since they decided to allow extra time for latecomers.

The packet on the chair (24 socially distanced chairs in the room) included details on how to register to vote, passport application form, booklet with the declaration of independence and constitution, mini flag, and a sheet with the oath, national anthem, and the pledge of allegiance.

A USCIS officer conducted the ceremony, welcoming us, and briefly explained what was in the packet, before asking us to take out the sheet with the oath, stand, raise our right hand, and repeat the oath after her.

Once that was done, were allowed to sit, and our certificates were brought to us. We were then allowed to leave.

I had already purchased my citizenship gift to myself - a Jeep, so decided to use it for my Citizenship photos.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...a7e3a5b75b.jpg