Another N400 Timeline

Old Oct 14th 2020, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another N400 Timeline

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You are supposed to bring originals, but they are rarely asked for, so you will probably be ok.
Thanks. Either way I'm sure all will be fine. I will update this again Friday.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

As of 2:30pm yesterday (10/16/2020) I took the Oath of allegiance and became a US citizen! Here is how the interview went:

Appointment was scheduled at 9:45am and was allowed in at 9:30am. The usual check-in procedure through security and then was given a number and waited my turn. The lady behind the counter did my biometrics to verify it was me and then 5 minutes later, I was called in.

The interview lasted maybe 15 minutes in total. The lady doing my interview started with the 10 civics questions, well, 6 really since I got them correct. Then it was the reading and writing part, which is easy as is. Then, she went through my application, verified the last time I was out of the country, went through some questions and then said come back at 1:30pm. I came back, again 15 minutes early and there were maybe 15 others waiting. It took a while to get through since there was a medical emergency. We were let in, waited our turn and proceeded to give up our green cards, answer 8 questions that nothing had changed between the interview and the oath (2 hours difference). After this, a 10 minute wait and we were doing the oath. We were socially distanced of course, and family members were allowed to watch through the window. Once this was done, they called each of us to get our naturalization cert and ensure everything was correct and signed. That was it! Done, quick and easy.

02/09/2020 - Submitted N400
02/14/2020 - I797-C Received.
02/14/2020 - Case updated online. Biometrics appointment made. Letter is on its way with details.
02/19/2020 - Biometrics letter received with appointment date approximately a month from initial filing.
03/04/2020 - Attended Biometrics appointment. Status updated online saying "Nothing is needed right now, please wait while we review your case".

08/31/2020 - Received letter scheduling my interview for mid-October.
10/16/2020 - Interview attended.
10/16/2020 - Oath taken.

I would like to say a monumental thank you to everyone on this forum. The help and the "don't overthink" advice came in handy a number of times. I'm glad the 4 year journey is over. Time to register to vote.

John.
Old Oct 18th 2020, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Oct 19th 2020, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smartyy
As of 2:30pm yesterday (10/16/2020) I took the Oath of allegiance and became a US citizen! Here is how the interview went:

Appointment was scheduled at 9:45am and was allowed in at 9:30am. The usual check-in procedure through security and then was given a number and waited my turn. The lady behind the counter did my biometrics to verify it was me and then 5 minutes later, I was called in.

The interview lasted maybe 15 minutes in total. The lady doing my interview started with the 10 civics questions, well, 6 really since I got them correct. Then it was the reading and writing part, which is easy as is. Then, she went through my application, verified the last time I was out of the country, went through some questions and then said come back at 1:30pm. I came back, again 15 minutes early and there were maybe 15 others waiting. It took a while to get through since there was a medical emergency. We were let in, waited our turn and proceeded to give up our green cards, answer 8 questions that nothing had changed between the interview and the oath (2 hours difference). After this, a 10 minute wait and we were doing the oath. We were socially distanced of course, and family members were allowed to watch through the window. Once this was done, they called each of us to get our naturalization cert and ensure everything was correct and signed. That was it! Done, quick and easy.

02/09/2020 - Submitted N400
02/14/2020 - I797-C Received.
02/14/2020 - Case updated online. Biometrics appointment made. Letter is on its way with details.
02/19/2020 - Biometrics letter received with appointment date approximately a month from initial filing.
03/04/2020 - Attended Biometrics appointment. Status updated online saying "Nothing is needed right now, please wait while we review your case".

08/31/2020 - Received letter scheduling my interview for mid-October.
10/16/2020 - Interview attended.
10/16/2020 - Oath taken.

I would like to say a monumental thank you to everyone on this forum. The help and the "don't overthink" advice came in handy a number of times. I'm glad the 4 year journey is over. Time to register to vote.

John.
Congratulations! Hope you're able to register to vote in time!