Another N400 Timeline

Old Feb 12th 2020, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another N400 Timeline

Decided to try out the N400 filing online and was incredibly easy. There were a few technical glitches such as responses not saving or documents saying they were uploaded but ended up being deleted. I luckily found these prior to submission. I also double checked just before I clicked submit. I submitted all the required evidence including a few extra things like joint car leases, joint bank statements for my entire time etc.

What is nice is that they give you an estimated completion time. Mine is September 2020 providing there are no speed bumps along the way. Who knows, I might even be able to vote in this election.

Anyway, here is the timeline:
02/09/2020 - Submitted N400
Old Feb 13th 2020, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another N400 Timeline

Good luck! My estimated completion changed often, but it ultimately took less time than predicted.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottyvisa
Good luck! My estimated completion changed often, but it ultimately took less time than predicted.
Thanks! I thought it would be subject to change but good to know that yours took less time than the estimated completion date. I'm hoping for the same!
Old Feb 15th 2020, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Apologies for any formatting problems, doing this on my phone.

02/14/2020 - I797-C Received.
02/14/2020 - Case updated online. Biometrics appointment made. Letter is on its way with details.
Old Feb 20th 2020, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

02/14/2020 - Case updated online. Biometrics appointment made. Letter is on its way with details.
02/19/2020 - Biometrics letter received with appointment date approximately a month from initial filing.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Biometrics appointment was today. The two officers I met with were the two I was joking around with when I did my ROC so we had a good laugh and they decided to try and test my civics knowledge while we waited for the computer to load. I got some right, some wrong, some I had no idea, thankful they gave me a study guide to go over. Was in and out in under 15 minutes. My estimated adjudication time is now July 2020. I am now just awaiting the next part which I assume (if no pending RFE), will be the interview and test(s).

02/19/2020 - Biometrics letter received with appointment date approximately a month from initial filing.
03/04/2020 - Attended Biometrics appointment. Status updated online saying "Nothing is needed right now, please wait while we review your case".

Old Jun 8th 2020, 3:45 am
Just Joined

britishpinoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Smartyy
Biometrics appointment was today. The two officers I met with were the two I was joking around with when I did my ROC so we had a good laugh and they decided to try and test my civics knowledge while we waited for the computer to load. I got some right, some wrong, some I had no idea, thankful they gave me a study guide to go over. Was in and out in under 15 minutes. My estimated adjudication time is now July 2020. I am now just awaiting the next part which I assume (if no pending RFE), will be the interview and test(s).

03/04/2020 - Attended Biometrics appointment. Status updated online saying "Nothing is needed right now, please wait while we review your case".
following your thread. I just applied for mine today.
Old Jun 8th 2020, 11:42 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

How do you not know the 100 answers just as general knowledge? The questions are very easy. I agree you should get to studying, but the truth is that as long as you can answer about 80% of them the chances of you getting more than 1/2 (of the potential 10 allowed) of the ones you don't know is pretty low.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by britishpinoy
following your thread. I just applied for mine today.
Congrats, hopefully yours goes speedy. Mine is currently in the backlog of applications due to Covid. My State opened up this week so I guess we'll see if anything proceeds somewhat soon.

Originally Posted by civilservant
How do you not know the 100 answers just as general knowledge? The questions are very easy. I agree you should get to studying, but the truth is that as long as you can answer about 80% of them the chances of you getting more than 1/2 (of the potential 10 allowed) of the ones you don't know is pretty low.
Majority are general knowledge, I agree. However, considering I did not spend time learning US history and politics prior to this, there were simply some I didn't know. The expectation that all 100 answers as general knowledge is a bit of an optimistic statement. Majority of those who I have quizzed on the questions simply do not know some of them. It did however, take a few hours simply to learn the ones I didn't know. Not difficult.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 11:56 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Majority of those who I have quizzed on the questions simply do not know some of them.
I assume that these people were already USCs? You can assume that a good number of USCs are near-ignorant of their own history, so that doesn't surprise me.

I still maintain though that the chances of you getting asked anymore than 1/2 questions you don't know out of the possible 10 are pretty small
Old Aug 31st 2020, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

08/31/2020 - Received letter scheduling my interview for mid-October.

Due to Covid-19 (Thanks 2020), my USCIS shut down for a while and subsequently, everything was delayed. Today, I received my notice of my scheduled interview.
The letter requests I bring along the following:
  1. The letter
  2. Green card
  3. Selective Service Registration
  4. My passport or any other documents I have used to get into the country during my time here.
  5. Marriage Certificate
  6. Spouse's birth certificate.

Just for overkill purposes, I'll be bringing everything I submitted alongside anything new that has happened since. Anything else I should bring along?
Old Sep 1st 2020, 11:53 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, on timelines, I submit it will be helpful to others to post what CIS field office you are dealing with. I see you are in Idaho. When I was in practice I observed over the decades that Idaho cases would be in, pick’em, Boise, Seattle, or Helena.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
BTW, on timelines, I submit it will be helpful to others to post what CIS field office you are dealing with. I see you are in Idaho. When I was in practice I observed over the decades that Idaho cases would be in, pick’em, Boise, Seattle, or Helena.

I only knew of the Boise field office when I went to the USCIS website but good to know. For future reference, unless stated otherwise, all of my USCIS dealings go through the Boise field office.
Old Oct 14th 2020, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

My interview is on Friday and I have collected all previously submitted documents, any evidence since submittal and everything on the I797-C sheet.

My question is, we have a scanned copy of my wife's birth certificate since that is what we submitted in the original N400, however, the official document itself is currently being sent back from passport services and will likely not be here in time. Although she is asking if we can pick it up instead of mail. So my question, will a printed version of the scanned in official copy be good enough? I'll obviously explain all this to the USCIS officer if asked but wanted to get your thoughts.

Last edited by Smartyy; Oct 14th 2020 at 3:27 am. Reason: added
Old Oct 14th 2020, 1:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You are supposed to bring originals, but they are rarely asked for, so you will probably be ok.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.