Reload this Page >

Another K1 medical report!

Another K1 medical report!

Old Aug 27th 2010, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

yellowfruit is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Another K1 medical report!

Hi folks,

Had my medical today and for all those wondering and worrying - don't!

I got all my vaccinations up to date on the NHS before I went (big money saver). The place was easy to find and the process was uneventful. Quick x-ray, brief poking and prodding, weight and height checked, blood taken, quick glance at your junk (I can't speak for the girls) and off you go!

Of course, that only takes 20 minutes buuuut bring a good book. I was there for a good hour and a half between x-ray and exam, there is a lot of waiting in the process

For anybody confused about "vaccination records" or "certificates" as I was, I just provided a printout that the nurse gave me at my surgery and it was accepted with no problem. Something I did find interesting was the sheet for vaccines was marked incomplete but eligible for waiver, I was told this is because tetanus is required every 10 years. I presume this is a US requirement as at my last appointment with the nurse I was told that so long as I stayed in the "western" world, having had five shots previously, I was now good for life.

There seemed to be no problems with varicella/chicken pox either, I was asked if I'd had it and the doctor marked it down. No fuss no muss!

My interview is a week on Tuesday where hopefully everything will go well and I will be in possession of a shiny K1 visa. It's been a long time coming but well worth the wait to marry my fiancée
Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:14 pm
I Still Remember

NAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really niceNAR14 is just really nice
Default Re: Another K1 medical report!

If my interview was anything to go by, I'd take a book with you there as well. Mine was totally uneventful. Spent 15 minutes maximum at a window having the "interview", and the other hour and a half sat doing nothing.