Wikiposts

another EAD question

Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Garfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really nice
Default another EAD question

Here is my dilema. My EAD is set to expire in a few days. In my initial notice there is a "recieved" date and a "notice" date. I have already been fingerprinted. It will be 91 days from the "recieved" date before my current EAD expires and if i go by the "notice" date it will be past my current EAD expiration date.

I have already setup an infopass appointment for a date which is 91 days from the "recieved" date and before my currect EAD expiration date.

Will i be issued an interm EAD? or will i have to by the "notice" date? the local office is a long ways away so i dont want to make multiple trips. Would i just be wasting my time going by the "recieved" date and have to make another trip? I dont want there to be a lapse at work because then i will loose my benefits.

Has anyone had any recent experiences?
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: another EAD question

Originally Posted by Garfield2005
Here is my dilema. My EAD is set to expire in a few days. In my initial notice there is a "recieved" date and a "notice" date. I have already been fingerprinted. It will be 91 days from the "recieved" date before my current EAD expires and if i go by the "notice" date it will be past my current EAD expiration date.

I have already setup an infopass appointment for a date which is 91 days from the "recieved" date and before my currect EAD expiration date.

Will i be issued an interm EAD? or will i have to by the "notice" date? the local office is a long ways away so i dont want to make multiple trips. Would i just be wasting my time going by the "recieved" date and have to make another trip? I dont want there to be a lapse at work because then i will loose my benefits.

Has anyone had any recent experiences?
Hi Garfield,

Since the office is far away, you might want to use the later date on the NOA. There is also a question of whether the time between the NOA date and your biometrics counts toward the 90 days or not. You might also take that into consideration.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Garfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really nice

Just FYI for people in the same situation I confirmed with my local BCIS office and the clock starts from the "recieved date" and not the "notice date" on the reciept. On the 91st day from the "recieved date" you can get your interm card. Biometric date plays no role.

Hope that helps.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 5:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garfield2005
Just FYI for people in the same situation I confirmed with my local BCIS office and the clock starts from the "recieved date" and not the "notice date" on the reciept. On the 91st day from the "recieved date" you can get your interm card. Biometric date plays no role.

Hope that helps.
Just curious, did you make an Infopass appointment to make that inquiry? The local office was far away, you said. How did you get in touch with your local office?

Rene