Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Another AOS fingerprinting Question!

Another AOS fingerprinting Question!

Old Jun 16th 2002, 2:20 am
Diane

Default Another AOS fingerprinting Question!

We will be filing our AOS paperwork in person to Louisville ( around a 3 1/2 hour
drive) in a few weeks, my question is where do they do the finger printing and if
they do it at Louisville can they do it on the same day. I dont fancy having to do
another long drive, if I do it will be by myself as my husband is unable to get a lot
of time off through the week. Thanks in Advance for any input!

Di

Old Jun 16th 2002, 2:20 am
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: Another AOS fingerprinting Question!

Diane wrote:
    > We will be filing our AOS paperwork in person to Louisville ( around a 3 1/2 hour
    > drive) in a few weeks, my question is where do they do the finger printing and if
    > they do it at Louisville can they do it on the same day. I dont fancy having to do
    > another long drive, if I do it will be by myself as my husband is unable to get a
    > lot of time off through the week. Thanks in Advance for any input!
    >
When we were there, they DID do it on the same day. They sent the advance parole in
the mail. However, you will have to return to get the EAD card, you should get your
appointment letter for somewhere in under a month if their times have not changed
much. Say, you aren't from my neck of the woods, are you? We live at Paducah...
Advise arriving at the office by a tad after 7 a.m., as the line builds quickly the
last time we were there. If you get there early, you can probably be out of there by
10-11, including fingerprints. Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Jun 17th 2002, 1:20 am
Diane

Thanks Alvena! Guess I am going to get to know my way around quicker than I thought,
I have a trip to Clarksville next week for a medical I didn't know I had to take
thought the one I had in Aus was sufficient, but not so according to INS. Yes I am
from your neck of the woods, Mayfield. I posted under a slightly different name when
I was in Australia, have now been here just over 2 months and am married to my
wonderful man for 2 weeks now. You have answered a question or two of mine before!!

Once again Thanks Di!

Alvena Ferreira <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > When we were there, they DID do it on the same day. They sent the advance parole in
    > the mail. However, you will have to return to get the EAD card, you should get your
    > appointment letter for somewhere in under a month if their times have not changed
    > much. Say, you aren't from my neck of the woods, are you? We live at Paducah...
    > Advise arriving at the office by a tad after 7 a.m., as the line builds quickly the
    > last time we were there. If you get there early, you can probably be out of there
    > by 10-11, including fingerprints. Alvena

> Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
    > =========================================
    > I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
    > gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
    > discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
    > attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
    > =========================================

Old Jun 17th 2002, 1:20 am
Alvena Ferreira

Diane wrote:
    > Guess I am going to get to know my way around quicker than I thought, I have a trip
    > to Clarksville next week for a medical I didn't know I had to take thought the one
    > I had in Aus was sufficient, but not so according to INS. Yes I am from your neck
    > of the woods, Mayfield. I posted under a slightly different name when I was in
    > Australia, have now been here just over 2 months and am married to my wonderful man
    > for 2 weeks now. You have answered a question or two of mine before!!
    >
Diane, If you entered as K-1, you do *NOT* need another medical exam, according to
our experiences at Louisville INS. Where did you hear that you needed another one?

Let me know if you need more L-ville-specific info.

BTW, we have a very pleasant British-sounding lady working at the Paducah Mall
Wal-Mart, so we actually do have a few "furriners" around here! ha-ha! (I know you
must have wondered...)

Alvena Ferreira, RN, CDMS, CCM MedInsights Senior Nurse Consultant 3940 Cleary Drive,
Paducah, Ky 42001 Phone: 800-470-9156, FAX: 270-534-1625
===
This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and
may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately by
return mail and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

Old Jun 18th 2002, 2:20 am
Diane

> >
    > Diane, If you entered as K-1, you do *NOT* need another medical exam, according to
    > our experiences at Louisville INS. Where did you hear that you needed another one?
    >
I didn't think I needed a medical either but when I sent for the forms for AOS from
K1 they sent me one. When I called INS to query this they said in some areas they are
requesting the medical form to be filled out by a INS approved doctor, apparently by
my zip code I am in one of those areas, others in the TSC newsgroup have come across
the same problem, one went to file AOS (in NC) without the medical and was told to go
and have it and send in the papers(all the doctor did in this case was cite the
innoculation form fill in the papers and charge him $70), as I have everything
required all the doctor has to do is cite all my info, Xray,innoculation supplement
and blood results and sign the paper, meanwhile I have to pay him for the priveledge
I was quoted $276 but told it may be a little cheaper as I have had everything done.
You now have me wondering I may just call them again today and ask the same Question,
I do have some paperwork somewhere that does say that I will dig it out and read it
too them, dont know whether it will do any good though.

> Let me know if you need more L-ville-specific info.
Thankyou would like some more L-ville-specific info, I did read your experience
on the site.
    >
    > BTW, we have a very pleasant British-sounding lady working at the Paducah Mall
    > Wal-Mart, so we actually do have a few "furriners" around here! ha-ha! (I know you
    > must have wondered...)
LOL Gee thanks, have been in that store before, I am already starting to find my way
around Paducah by myself despite *grin* Randy's directions. Had to go to Paducah on
Monday to try and get a KY drivers licence but when I got there found out I have to
have already have filed for AOS before I can apply to even have the interview (this
is according to the lady in the office), but did find out my international licence
was good. (again according to the lady)

One other question Alvena, I see you have your phone # there do you mind if I call
you if so what would be the best time to call?? I will check back here later today.

Once again THANKYOU!!

> Alvena Ferreira, RN, CDMS, CCM MedInsights Senior Nurse Consultant 3940 Cleary
    > Drive, Paducah, Ky 42001 Phone: 800-470-9156, FAX: 270-534-1625
    > ===
    > This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of
    > addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information.Â
    > If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure,
    > dissemination or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
    > recipient, notify the sender immediately by return mail and delete this
    > communication and destroy all copies.