Ana's Marrying a US Citizen Separated from Julian's

Ana's Marrying a US Citizen Separated from Julian's

Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Ana Armani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ana's Marrying a US Citizen Separated from Julian's

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Julian,

You can go either the fiance route or the spouse route...but neither one of them will bring you to the USA by March or April 2008. Maybe you meant 2009?

Also, if you have your heart set on getting married this summer (2008), the fiance visa *might* not bring you here by that time, either, there's no guarantee you'll get that in 6 or 7 months (by end of summer).

Both the spouse visa (Immigrant Visa or the K-3) and the fiance visa (K-1) take 6+ months to get...more like up to 10 months sometimes. So it's best not to make any firm plans until you know which visa you are going to choose.

If you choose the Immigrant Spouse Visa, you can get married anytime, either in the USA or the UK (your fiance will need a special visa to marry you in the UK, but you can marry in the USA on the VWP, you just can't stay here directly after marriage). Then the USC files an I-130 and it could take around 8 to 10 months to process, then you'll come to the USA using your Immigrant Visa and become a PR upon entry. You can work from Day 1.

If you choose the K-1 Fiance Visa, the USC can file the I-129F now (assuming you've met each other in person within the past 2 years), then it takes around 8 to 10 months to process, then you'll come to the USA using your K-1 visa. You need to get married within 90 days of your arrival, and then you need to file more paperwork in order to become a PR (get your green card). You also need to file paperwork in order to become work authorized.

Two totally different approaches to the same end result - living permanently in the USA.

It's really just up to you, whichever one works best for your own scenario.

Best Wishes,
Rene
WHY ARE ALL THESE THINGS SO COMPLICATED IN USA???
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:39 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: marrying a USC

Originally Posted by Ana Armani
WHY ARE ALL THESE THINGS SO COMPLICATED IN USA???
Please...:-

- stop tagging meaningless posts on to ancient threads

- stop shouting - it is rude.

If you have a query/concern, please start your own thread and state your problem in a succinct and coherent manner.

Thank you.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hulk_hogan
keep terrorists out

and

because billions of people want to go to the USA

so they can enjoy easy living, loads of food, big houses and a fabulous healthcare system
I understand, but there are so many honest people who are not going to break any laws but they are still opressed.They can't prove that they are not like others.
By the way no one can have big houses and other things without working there.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand, but there are so many honest people who are not going to break any laws but they are still opressed.They can't prove that they are not like others.
By the way no one can have big houses and other things without working there.
Hi Ana,

The honest people DO get approved and immigrate to the USA. There is no barrier against them. The process isn't really comlicated, just a lot of time and effort. But the end result is having the chance to live in the USA permanently.

You CAN have a big house and other things in the USA without working there. Many people live and work overseas, but own property in the USA.

Rene
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Hi Ana,

The honest people DO get approved and immigrate to the USA. There is no barrier against them. The process isn't really comlicated, just a lot of time and effort. But the end result is having the chance to live in the USA permanently.

You CAN have a big house and other things in the USA without working there. Many people live and work overseas, but own property in the USA.

Rene
I never broke any law or acted against the law in my life.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:16 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

This is good, but this may not be the reason for what has happened. Perhaps the administrative review is because you're from Georgia. If it is, it's not something you can change. The US government is under *no* obligation whatsoever to approve *any* visa at *any* time. Processing will take as long as it takes, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to speed it up.

Ian
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:24 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This is good, but this may not be the reason for what has happened. Perhaps the administrative review is because you're from Georgia. If it is, it's not something you can change. The US government is under *no* obligation whatsoever to approve *any* visa at *any* time. Processing will take as long as it takes, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to speed it up.

Ian
Ian - from what was said in Ana's other thread, the situation is more serious and requires urgent action on her and the petitioner's part.

Ana really shouldn't be posting all over the place - it gets very confusing. I just hope she realises the mess she is in...
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say that you did so.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:28 am
Homebody

I didn't say that you did so.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=11
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you quoting Meauxna's post in response to an accusation made against Noorah?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:54 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by Rete
Why are you quoting Meauxna's post in response to an accusation made against Noorah?

Just connecting the dots before this thread goes off track completely...