Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Amy, you are full of it ...

Amy, you are full of it ...

Old Nov 28th 2002, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

ralph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Amy, you are full of it ...

You are so full of it Amy, that your ignorance/arrogance/onesidedness seeps out of you like water thru' a mosquito net.

From all your brilliant posts on this forum, nothing positive has emanated from you, however your posts are questionable.

In one post, you claimed that the consulate officers were pulling hairs and were jumping up and down like monkeys.

Was it that they were were really impressed with your fiance's personality, that they decided to ape him.

Another post revealed that you were afraid to go to India thinking you and your son might get killed in the land of terrorists.

Yet, you exhibit an undying love and desperation to marry this Indian whose very culture you dread.

Did you ever realize that after you marry him, that his culture is going to be your culture as well?

Your Another assertion was that he makes films. Then he should be rich. In that case he could very easily get atleast a B1/B2 multiple entry visa. You could then very well marry him right here in the US... The way you want it. But you choose the most difficult route in this day and time.

Who are you kidding?

Unless he is something else. Just as you claim to be a professional - But find it hard to construct simple sentences in plain English.

Perhaps it is this very attitude that the consulate has seen thru' and was wise enough to wait out and see the real you and/or your fiancee.

People get rejected and dejected in life. But you Amy are something else.

best

ralph

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by amys
Originally posted by Mrtravel
amys wrote:
    >

MR. Travel,

Why don't you bring your daughter there for a week or two. Most civil people tell me I should not bring him. yes theres air conditioning in some places but we are not going to stay put in the same building. If I didn't have a son I was going to move to India and live with my fiance. I love the culture there, people are more polite. They are happy with what little they have in life. My fiance and I have thought of this idea of both of us living in India. i don't know you are the only one says differently. When I was in india I had so many looks and stares. I popped out, american girl just walking freely. There is hatred of americans esp the north of India. I challenge you, have your daughter go to India by herself to meet a guy who she never met before during a war time. Let me know how it goes. Being a male is different I guess men can handle anything.

amy

Last edited by ralph; Nov 28th 2002 at 1:39 am.
Old Nov 28th 2002, 1:46 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amy, you are full of it ...

Amy

I should be speechless but I'm not; but you should be.

PERSONAL REMARKS INTENTIONALLY DELETED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE OP.

Rather than cautioning posters who will be using US Consulates in Indian as to the hardships involved, you out and out scared the crap out of them without offering concrete advice and assistance to help them through it while you lamented about how poorly you and your fiancee have been treated.
Rete

amys
11-21-2002 03:08 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no good men in this country, thats why I had to look somewhere else. Actually I was not looking but accidently found my love through pen pal with innocent motives. I just wanted to talk about anything visa pen pals and never thought I would fall in love via internet. So this country has no men for me, very pompous and arrogant. So this is not our fault we have fiances and spouses overseas. It just happens.

amy

---------------------------------------

Subject: Re: Amys

View this article only
Newsgroups: alt.visa.us.marriage-based
Date: 2002-11-27 11:57:30 PST

[email protected] (amy) wrote in message news:<[email protected]. com>...
> Alpona,
My son is half-indian, so he
> needs to know his culture. I am sorry if I put your country down. > amy

Amy
Old Nov 28th 2002, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point

I had enough of everyones egos here. We all can't be perfect.

People think I am making stories. I am not wasting my time here.

I am not talking no more and everyone assumes something else.

Sick and tired of this nonsense
I had enough!!!!!!!!

goodbye

amy

Last edited by amys; Dec 7th 2002 at 1:46 am.
Old Nov 28th 2002, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

JuMu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by amys

I am not talking no more and everyone assumes something else.

goodbye

amy
I appreciate that.
Always thought your stories were faked and I highly agree with Rete, that people who come here need help and advice and not someone who scares the crap out of them.

Just one thing:
If you really have a son, stop ruining his Christmas

Sorry for my poor English.. I'm German

JuMu
Old Nov 28th 2002, 8:32 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are being slightly unkind, she is a woman in a mess and if her stories are true (there is that possibility) then she needs a little support.

True, she hasn't been very nice about american men (I am sure in a country of 300 million people of every colour, creed and culture there must be something to her taste, remind me never to go shopping with her!).

True, its seems bizarre in a country like India (which isn't as backward is she is making out) they would stop a citizen from leaving.

True, India (especially Mumbai (Bombay)) is quite civilised in parts (the roads not being one of those parts) and if he (as she says) is rich and a film star must live in one of the better parts so taking her son shouldn't be a problem.

I think Amy is emotionally mixed up, I also think that this movie guy is looking for a green card but hey who am I do judge. If she comes back people lets be nice, all promise to play nicely now!

This being bitchy to people has to stop and everyone must have a fair hearing. One of the best things about this NG was that noone was judged all of a sudden everyone has got judgemental with Rita and Ralph being judge, jury and executioner.

I appologise to you Amy, from myself and the other nice, non-judgemental people on this NG. If you want to come back please do and we (the nice and non judgemental ones) will try and help you the best we can. The rest of them will be eating raw meat and poking themselfs with sharpend sticks.

Patrick

I have a degree in Electronic Engineering and am a professional but my spelling and grammar and absolutley terrible.

and I still have 3 pennies left from a dime

Last edited by Patrick; Nov 28th 2002 at 10:20 am.
Old Nov 28th 2002, 12:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My apologies to Amy for posting my feelings on a public forum. It should have been sent privately.

As such, I have deleted the portion of the post.

Rete
Old Nov 28th 2002, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

ralph is an unknown quantity at this point

No. wasnt trying to be anything. Merely pointing out facts she herself had posted on several threads.

Sufficient comfort, support and advice was extended to her by several netters - both experienced and novices - on this forum for months. For you to say otherwise would be unfair to those who contributed their time and effort.

My original post wasnt an "all of a sudden" knee jerk response. It was the culmination of several dozen of her threads. Besides berating people, distorting facts and scaring the hell out of people, none were consistent.

as for choice of words, English is my fourth language. The first being morse - the one with the clicking sound :-)

cheers,
~ r

Originally posted by Patrick
I think you are being slightly unkind, she is a woman in a mess and if her stories are true (there is that possibility) then she needs a little support.

True, she hasn't been very nice about american men (I am sure in a country of 300 million people of every colour, creed and culture there must be something to her taste, remind me never to go shopping with her!).

True, its seems bizarre in a country like India (which isn't as backward is she is making out) they would stop a citizen from leaving.

True, India (especially Mumbai (Bombay)) is quite civilised in parts (the roads not being one of those parts) and if he (as she says) is rich and a film star must live in one of the better parts so taking her son shouldn't be a problem.

I think Amy is emotionally mixed up, I also think that this movie guy is looking for a green card but hey who am I do judge. If she comes back people lets be nice, all promise to play nicely now!

This being bitchy to people has to stop and everyone must have a fair hearing. One of the best things about this NG was that noone was judged all of a sudden everyone has got judgemental with Rita and Ralph being judge, jury and executioner.

I appologise to you Amy, from myself and the other nice, non-judgemental people on this NG. If you want to come back please do and we (the nice and non judgemental ones) will try and help you the best we can. The rest of them will be eating raw meat and poking themselfs with sharpend sticks.

Patrick

I have a degree in Electronic Engineering and am a professional but my spelling and grammar and absolutley terrible.

Old Nov 28th 2002, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeles73 is an unknown quantity at this point

I mentioned in another thread that I believed this person's story did not quite fit. See the " US Consulate in Mumbai : National Disgracepost " Once in a while that sixth sense comes in handy.

I second everything you mentioned Ralph and brought what you mentioned to her attention to which she did not respond but rather took the thread elsewhere. (Is it even a her?)

I think it is important for us to keep in mind that there will always be people who prey on the suffering of others. Luckily they are usually just ignorant enough to always be caught.

Ange

Originally posted by ralph
You are so full of it Amy, that your ignorance/arrogance/onesidedness seeps out of you like water thru' a mosquito net.

From all your brilliant posts on this forum, nothing positive has emanated from you, however your posts are questionable.

In one post, you claimed that the consulate officers were pulling hairs and were jumping up and down like monkeys.

Was it that they were were really impressed with your fiance's personality, that they decided to ape him.

Another post revealed that you were afraid to go to India thinking you and your son might get killed in the land of terrorists.

Yet, you exhibit an undying love and desperation to marry this Indian whose very culture you dread.

Did you ever realize that after you marry him, that his culture is going to be your culture as well?

Your Another assertion was that he makes films. Then he should be rich. In that case he could very easily get atleast a B1/B2 multiple entry visa. You could then very well marry him right here in the US... The way you want it. But you choose the most difficult route in this day and time.

Who are you kidding?

Unless he is something else. Just as you claim to be a professional - But find it hard to construct simple sentences in plain English.

Perhaps it is this very attitude that the consulate has seen thru' and was wise enough to wait out and see the real you and/or your fiancee.

People get rejected and dejected in life. But you Amy are something else.

best

ralph

Last edited by angeles73; Nov 28th 2002 at 1:32 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2002, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Patrick

Patrick,

Thanks for understanding my problems. At least I know there are some compassionate and civil people on this forum.

We were going to try the h1b visa but it will take a long time to process. He can get many jobs but they will not be close to my home. Plus films are slightly different between the two countries. He would have to go to the big cities to work since in my area theres no work for his specialty. When the time comes we will have to sell my house and move to a place where he can get a job. I can go anywhere with my job so thats no issue.

I have told my co-workers and other people how alot of people don't believe my story. They laughed cause they know I have been telling the truth. Its funny how people are so ignorant when it comes to odd and different situations. Somehow from not spelling correctly and not writing correctly lends a person as a liar.

I would love to challenge anyone to have their interview at mumbai and see how they can handle it. Obviously retes husband and ralphs wife(i believe) had a very easy and painfree interview. So ones hardship is unbelievable cause one has a narrow minded view on life. Anything out of the ordinary leads people to shut down which does not allow one to think rationally.

For instance the narrow mindness comes to play when some have not noticed my help with the police clearnace in india and questions on packet #3 and #4. Everyone focuses on the negatives such as accusing me of lying, grammer, and scaring people. My main purpose was not to scare people. I just like them to be aware of problems. They need to be prepared. Best defense is to know what your up against.

I am not going to post no more for a while cause people accuse me of lying. I will wait for their decision and then I will post. Hopefully they will approve. I will keep you guys up to date.

amy
Old Nov 28th 2002, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick: I sincerely hope you are right because my gut tells me something else. Reading some of these messages has made me queasy to think someone reads our pain and wants to add to it.

Ange

Patrick

Old Nov 28th 2002, 8:12 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by angeles73
Patrick: I sincerely hope you are right because my gut tells me something else. Reading some of these messages has made me queasy to think someone reads our pain and wants to add to it.

Ange
I hope I am right as well, but I would rather give someone the benefit of the doubt and offer them my support and be wrong rather than turn my back on someone.

If I am wrong and Amy is lying then my only penalty would be to look stupid, and as this is an affliction that I have carried all my life, I can live with that. What I can't live with is the fact I ignored someone in need.

If you don't want to read Amy's threads then please don't, this is a free country and you have the option to do what you wish.

Patrick
Old Nov 28th 2002, 9:08 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

I hope I am right as well, but I would rather give someone the benefit of the doubt and offer them my support and be wrong rather than turn my back on someone.

If I am wrong and Amy is lying then my only penalty would be to look stupid, and as this is an affliction that I have carried all my life, I can live with that. What I can't live with is the fact I ignored someone in need.

If you don't want to read Amy's threads then please don't, this is a free country and you have the option to do what you wish.

Patrick
Patrick, I have to agree with you. It's very refreshing to see kindness such as yours, in this cynical world of ours. We lose nothing by offering kindness and understanding to one another. I was very touched, to say the least.
Old Nov 29th 2002, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Patrick

Patrick,

You are right and maybe if there is a god he will bless you. To me it shows that you have a brain on your shoulders. I have to say your wife is with a good man. Very understanding and caring. I appreciate you comming on this forum to express your opinion. I guarantee you that you are not a fool for believing my hardship. I guess alot of people are use to liars and just assume anything out of the ordinary is a lie.

Rete, thanks for deleting some of your message. This really hurts me to know my own fellow americans are accusing me of lying when I know damn well that I am not. Its aggravating to hear people say that they can't believe all of what i am saying.

I was thinking things over after being so full from turkey dinner today. I have been trying to understand why would anyone who has their husband or wife here in the states causing more hardship for the one is trying to get their love here. If I had my husband here I would not waste my time to diminish someones story. I would be on the internet planning my daily and weekly activities with my husband. I would be searching for weekend trips, new items to buy, new recipes and find new hobbies to do together. I would not make someone feel like crap.

Something tells me that alot of people just thrive on this and this is how they can kill time to compensate a "boring life." I consider myself a nice person and would not pounce on someone harshly. If I thought their story was off the wall I would just ignore it than arguing if the story is true. What are you guys trying to accomplish by saying someone is lying?

If someone came on this forum with a horror story from the consulate I would definately believe them and give them alot of support. I would make the couple feel comfortable that they are not the only ones who have been treated badly.

amy
Old Nov 29th 2002, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

My problem Patrick is that aside from the fact that most of us are going through a highly emotional situation, the thought of having someone make something up on this forum to incite or aggravate already frazzled nerves is frustrating.

I am glad you have the heart to still believe this. And if looking stupid were the only problem, then that is fine. The point is that many of us, from the emails and private messages I get, use this forum to find the emotional support they cannot get elsewhere because of the circumstances they are in. Therefore, if I felt this person was in need of any kind I would certainly be one of the first to offer my support and have in any way that I can. Unfortunately, I don't feel like this user is being completely truthful with us and I question everything I read from her. And my concern is this: I am not dealing with the same consulate however what if I were?? What do you think I would be feeling right about now? Reading about the supposed evils of the consulate, trying to ascertain based on her story whether I should move forward with MY petition? The deciding factor in why we chose many courses of action during our process was this forum Patrick. If we allow each other to make things up, then there is no point in participating here because it serves nothing other than everyone's imagination.

Just so you know, I did try to " look her up" in the beginning. When I first read her stories I certainly felt a tug at my heart, thinking to myself, " My goodness, how horrific. " A friend who is also dealing with that embassy also wanted to write and it was he that mentioned that her sentence structure was like someone not from this country and was curious that she kept mentioning certain facts about her life that ties her as a citizen to this one. His parents are from India, although he is a citizen and he wanted to offer his support. And in my office wehre a lot of us are petitioning for loved ones in one way or another, everyone felt there was something not quite right about her story. As I kept reading I found it curious that she and alot of the people that post messages supporting her do so without mentioning anything about themselves in their profiles, or leaving email addresses in order to offer support or contact them in any way. What is the point of using this forum if we cannot exchange information? Unless you are using this for something other than that.

As I mentioned before if I am wrong, I will certainly apologize. I also mentioned that there are things that she needs to clarify not to us, but to the consul in order to have her fiance allowed into the US. And it wasn't just obvious to me Patrick. It's obvious to more than a few people and apparently it was obvious to someone in that consulate. Instead of fighting us, and denegrating the country where her fiance is from, (the same country whose values will follow her fiance who will help her raise her child), she should probably come up with a plan to correct the situation she is in. I am sure more than a few people are willing to assist her as soon as she gets her story straight. And as a lot of you know I am a phone call away when any one needs to vent. Lord knows I needs to sometimes.

ange

Patrick
Old Nov 29th 2002, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by angeles73
My problem Patrick is that aside from the fact that most of us are going through a highly emotional situation, the thought of having someone make something up on this forum to incite or aggravate already frazzled nerves is frustrating.

Angeles

I just can't believe you still think I am lying. I have tried to email people and never got a response back.

Now I know there is no support here. I have to force myself not to look on this forum no more cause its not helpful when people are accusing me lying.

Just sick and tired of the nonsense.

amy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.