Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

American move back to Florida

American move back to Florida

Old Jul 28th 2019, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

CJ63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default American move back to Florida

Hi - just joined this chat room due to the great looking info I read from google that came from British expats.
I’m American and moved to Uk from Florida over 20 years ago out of love at the time before you ask . I made the decision to move back after personal reasons . I have a long term girlfriend and fiancée . She has said she would move with me although can get complicated with her children are in their teens.
So I read about the k-1 and cr-1 ways of entering USA. Does anyone know if these ways would still pertain to an American that lived in UK and wants to bring his girlfriend over to the states . I don’t mind marrying here in UK and then have a wedding later in states . It’s the 8-10 months that may be a problem I read it takes for the move . So basically I just got divorced although separated since 2011. Ex wife wants to move to Spain with my 12 year old daughter. Wanted me to go with them and ex wife’s fiancée . ( I know right !!!) . Anyhow I said no. That started a slew of bad attitude. Not seeing daughter for two years . Went to court for family home and doesn’t pay to tell the truth I guess when ex is lying all the way through so lost a massive amount into family home . Ex is relentless in her methods to get what she wants . So all that said , I hurt with the whole daughter alienation but can’t stay in UK when everything is just been taken away . So on those mishaps of life , all can be shown to USA government, do you think I can expedite matters faster ?
Fiancée here is English btw . No criminal history , a teacher , no drugs, no anything of bad or criminal backings.
Regards CJ
Old Jul 28th 2019, 8:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American move back to Florida

Hi, welcome to BE.

No, that wouldn’t be a reason to expedite a visa app.

Have a read of the Wiki to get you started - there is a great article comparing the two visa routes which may be useful. https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Compa...ge-based_visas

And the forum pros will be along to help you shortly.

Good luck.
Old Jul 28th 2019, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

What would be your basis for an expedite?
Old Jul 28th 2019, 11:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Why does the 8 to 10 month processing time worry you? Assuming you have a way to meet the I-864 affidavit of support requirements, you can stay in the UK while waiting, and go to the USA together when she gets her visa.

You cannot expedite the process.

Rene
Old Aug 1st 2019, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Your fiancee's kids would need written permission to leave the country from the father , assuming he hasn't been stripped of parental rights.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 2nd 2019 at 12:09 am. Reason: Off topic comments removed.
Old Aug 4th 2019, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
What would be your basis for an expedite?
I guess other than I will not have a place to live once house sells and will need to go to states to invest whatever I get from home into a house n business. Also as I’m American and just moving back home , thought there may be something I haven’t come across. If not it is what it is and will just go with the right avenues for the inherent months to follow . Not the end of the world I guess .
Old Aug 4th 2019, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Why does the 8 to 10 month processing time worry you? Assuming you have a way to meet the I-864 affidavit of support requirements, you can stay in the UK while waiting, and go to the USA together when she gets her visa.

You cannot expedite the process.

Rene
ok not a problem then. Doesn’t worry me . Thought it was a bit different as to what I was reading in forums and the Gov site as I’m American n just moving home . I’m in limbo here when house sells n don’t want to spend equity on rent for that long but obviously if no other avenues as people are stating then it’s gonna be that way . Cheers
Old Aug 4th 2019, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

No definitely not been striped n he’s a great guy . The kids are early teens and father sees them about once a month. So if in states then he could , and would , come for vacations to see them . I’d help him even if needs be as being a father I wouldn’t want him deprived nor money to be a factor in visits. He thinks it’s a great idea for them to see the world . His ex, my fiancée, is great as well and they never argue . I wouldn’t even consider any of this if it was a problem with him- the father ...

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Your fiancee's kids would need written permission to leave the country from the father , assuming he hasn't been stripped of parental rights.
Old Aug 5th 2019, 2:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Written permission is still needed.

Rene