Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:35 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Why yes, there are...
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stribs
Just going through the I-129f form and having a few queries, instead of asking loads of differet questions, is there a thorough line by line instructions on how to fill it out?

Thanks
The closest thing you'll get to line-by-line instructions are the actual I-129F instructions at www.uscis.gov.

Rene
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
I'm fed up of this sh!t from forums. If you dont have anything to say. Dont.

I've obviously looked, none are helping. I wondered if there was a universal one everyone was using.

Really not needed, why be on a forum that really helps people and give replies like that!
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The closest thing you'll get to line-by-line instructions are the actual I-129F instructions at www.uscis.gov.

Rene
Thank you, I did look at tis, although does not go through thoroughly and uses wording which really doesn;t need to be so complicated.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I've obviously looked, none are helping. I wondered if there was a universal one everyone was using.
There isn't a universal one, because everyone's answers will be different.

Go ahead and ask your questions here, we'll try to help.

Rene
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
There isn't a universal one, because everyone's answers will be different.

Go ahead and ask your questions here, we'll try to help.

Rene
Thanks Rene,

We'll get to the end and come back with the list of questions which are confusing.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Ok...

Not too bad in the end, just a few little things

In order of attached images below.

1. I am currently in the US, just on a the usual ESTA visa. I have no numbers or I-94 anything in my passport. Is this something that we need to fill out in the form. I leave n february, then not to return until all is processed.

2. Does this mean, Have we met for the 1st time in 2 years, or that we've seen each other in the last 2 years?

Thanks again for the helpful advice. Needed more than ever now we've actually started.
Attached Thumbnails American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....-picture-2.png   American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....-picture-3.png  
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:06 pm

1. I am currently in the US, just on a the usual ESTA visa. I have no numbers or I-94 anything in my passport. Is this something that we need to fill out in the form. I leave n february, then not to return until all is processed.
They don't issue I-94's at the POE anymore, but they are done electronically, so you can look yours up online to print a copy and get that information asked for on the I-129F. I don't know the link offhand, but a google search will probably turn it up. So yes, find that information and fill in the I-129F accordingly.

2. Does this mean, Have we met for the 1st time in 2 years, or that we've seen each other in the last 2 years?
You must have seen each other in person once within the past 2 years. It doesn't matter when you first met.

Rene
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:08 pm

Here's the link to the I-94: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id..._instructions/

Rene
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Fantastic! That has really helped. Thank you.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:38 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fed up of this sh!t from forums. If you dont have anything to say. Dont.

Really not needed, why be on a forum that really helps people and give replies like that!
Then why not mention that you've looked at the USCIS instructions? If you want good information, give good information, your post suggested you had got stuck and came straight here.

We get hundreds of queries a week, usually the information is available elsewhere. Rather than spend that time giving out info, we point users to where it is.

3,000-odd posts later, it's safe to say I've done a little good somewhere along the line

Last edited by civilservant; Jan 3rd 2014 at 10:51 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

So what we have to send:

- The completed I-129f.
- a seperate sheet explaining how we met, referenced to 34.A on the form.
- Photos of us being together over the last 2 years/tickets and such with us going to each others countries.
- G-325a form (Do we fill out 2 copies if this, one with my details and one with my Fiancee's?)
- a passport photo of each of us with our names written on the back.
- A copy of the front and back of my fiancees birth certificate.

I've taken this most of the Wiki site from here, if I have missed anything, or any further info needed, please let me know.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by civilservant
Then why not mention that you've looked at the USCIS instructions? If you want good information, give good information, your post suggested you had got stuck and came straight here.

We get hundreds of queries a week, usually the information is available elsewhere. Rather than spend that time giving out info, we point users to where it is.

3,000-odd posts later, it's safe to say I've done a little good somewhere along the line
Maybe 3000+ posts is the time you have a little break, and stop getting fed up with people who are excited, scared, anxious about the most important documents they will ever submit.

We get hundreds of queries a week
Exactly why I didn't want to ask each individual question. I hate being accused of the exact thing you did hence my anger, and also why I stated I do not want to ask all these questions.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 1:15 am

- a seperate sheet explaining how we met, referenced to 34.A on the form.
You don't need a separate sheet for this. Just put a very brief answer directly on the I-129F in the space provided.

- G-325a form (Do we fill out 2 copies if this, one with my details and one with my Fiancee's?)
Yes, you each need submit a separate G-325A. You sign the bottom of yours, she signs the bottom of hers.

I've taken this most of the Wiki site from here, if I have missed anything, or any further info needed, please let me know.
You each need to write a statement of intent, saying you are free to marry and intend to do so within 90 days of your arrival on the K-1.

Don't forget a check for the filing fee.

Rene
Old Jan 4th 2014, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much..... I will be posting in the timeline section soon!

We spoke to the local congressman here to see if they could help. Have you ever heard them pushing things through quicker when they see your in a real relationship?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.