Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Amazing Warsaw Consulat

Wikiposts

Amazing Warsaw Consulat

Old Apr 30th 2002, 4:40 pm
Vitali Korobov

Default Amazing Warsaw Consulat

Having fought the VSC, which is still in the early Paleolithic period, for 7 months,
I was pleasantly surprised, amazed, to be precise , to see that the Warsaw Consulat
boldly stepped into the modern ages. They have a fax, and allow you to use it. You
can get through to them on the phone on the first try. A live human being answers
the phone, and gives you the answers to your questions, or gets someone who can.
They even allow you to e-mail scanned documents to them as an attachment. It took
them ONE day to open a provisional case for my fiancee upon receipt of my scanned
copy of a Notice of Approval. They entered the data into their computer the SAME
day, which authomatically initiated an FBI namecheck, and e-mailed me the WRW
number. The next day after that they cheerfully confirmed the receipt of my
fiancee's Packet 3 forms via e-mail, and said that the FBI namecheck normally takes
3-4 days. Once they receive that, they will post on their website the date of the
interview and e-mail me the letter for my Ukrainian fiancee from packet 4 for the
Polish Border Guards, so she can enter Poland for am interview. I keep pinching
myself to make sure I am awake.