amariedavies' DCF questions

Wikiposts

amariedavies' DCF questions

Old May 13th 2014, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

amariedavies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: amariedavies' DCF questions

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you are still living in London, you can file the I-130 directly there.

No. You just have to have been physically living in the UK for 6 months prior to filing the I-130.

Rene

I am still in the UK yes. I was only granted Leave to remain, valid til 2016 - will that affect my filing? I read somewhere that I'd need indefinite leave?

I have been in the UK since Nov 2011, entered as a visitor, and only received my resident card this past Feb 2014, I don't have an entry clearance stamp in my passport, just the cards. Not sure if they'll be accepted?! Do they need to be valid for 6months first?

Thanks for your help!
Old May 13th 2014, 8:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amariedavies
I am still in the UK yes. I was only granted Leave to remain, valid til 2016 - will that affect my filing? I read somewhere that I'd need indefinite leave?

I have been in the UK since Nov 2011, entered as a visitor, and only received my resident card this past Feb 2014, I don't have an entry clearance stamp in my passport, just the cards. Not sure if they'll be accepted?! Do they need to be valid for 6months first?

Thanks for your help!
The only way to know if it will be accepted is to file it. You'll know in a couple of weeks.

Rene
Old May 13th 2014, 10:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amariedavies
I was only granted Leave to remain, valid til 2016 - will that affect my filing?
No.

I read somewhere that I'd need indefinite leave?
And you read here that you don't. Pick one! As Rene noted last month: "You just have to have been physically living in the UK for 6 months prior to filing the I-130."

Not sure if they'll be accepted?
File... don't file - it's entirely up to you. However, you'll never know for sure until you file.

It's not like anything bad is going to happen if they don't accept your petition... it simply means that you get the entire package back, including the fee, and are instructed to file the I-130 to the US.

Ian