Wikiposts

Am home!!!!

Old Jun 8th 2004, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

kebuchan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am home!!!!

Originally posted by AL&Becky
Hi people, just a quick update. POE was Vancouver and it was a breeze. I even got employment authirization stamp in me passport. Dunno what good that will do to me as i am a k3.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Congrats!... that's great news... Good to see another Canuck make it across :-)

I'm a little confused though.... I didn't think you get an employment auth stamped in when entering... to me that's awesome. However you said that you don't know what good it will do you since you're on a K-3.... *lost* Won't this allow you to work ??.. apply for your SSN?

Thanks,

Kevin
Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

AL&Becky is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies guys. I was always under the impression that only K1 get the EAD stamp on their passport and i am a K3. I paid a lil visit to the social security office today and was told that once i am on their system, they will issue me a SS# so thats great.
Cheers
AL
Old Jun 8th 2004, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kebuchan
Congrats!... that's great news... Good to see another Canuck make it across :-)

I'm a little confused though.... I didn't think you get an employment auth stamped in when entering... to me that's awesome. However you said that you don't know what good it will do you since you're on a K-3.... *lost* Won't this allow you to work ??.. apply for your SSN?

Thanks,

Kevin
Congrats on your reunion!

As I understand it, K3's are not allowed to get a temp 90 day EAD at the POE. I've read about others that entered on a K3 that have asked for and been told this very thing.

Even if you have this EAD stamp, it may not be valid due to your status. You may want to check into that.

Cheers,
Jamie