Already have an interview..I am in Shock

Wikiposts

Already have an interview..I am in Shock

Old Jul 21st 2004, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Jess2100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Already have an interview..I am in Shock

Hi,

My husband and I applied for his adjustment of status this March. In May he went for his fingerprinting and work permit. Yesterday he got the best letter, we have an interview Aug 30th! I was in shock since Los Angeles is processing I-485 from Feb 2003. I just feel we do not have enough proof to bring a long with us. We have photos, joint bank account, car insurance. We do not have credit cards since your credit is alittle rocky, we are also living with his father temporalily. Will the photos, bank account, insurance, letters from friends saying our marriage is in good faith, and old e-mails from 4 yrs ago be good enough? Thanks for the help, just getting nervous now that the shock is wearing off.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

AnnaV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Already have an interview..I am in Shock

Originally posted by Jess2100
Hi,

My husband and I applied for his adjustment of status this March. In May he went for his fingerprinting and work permit. Yesterday he got the best letter, we have an interview Aug 30th! I was in shock since Los Angeles is processing I-485 from Feb 2003. I just feel we do not have enough proof to bring a long with us. We have photos, joint bank account, car insurance. We do not have credit cards since your credit is alittle rocky, we are also living with his father temporalily. Will the photos, bank account, insurance, letters from friends saying our marriage is in good faith, and old e-mails from 4 yrs ago be good enough? Thanks for the help, just getting nervous now that the shock is wearing off.
Hi,

You might want to post this in the marriage-based forum because pretty much everyone there went through AOS via marriage to a US citizen. They'll have loads of advice. There's also a Los Angeles based attorney who might (or might not) reply. If he does, he might be able to give you a heads up on what to bring (don't PM him or direct a post to him, though, because that's one sure way to make him NOT reply to your thread).

At our interview, we brought joint back account statements, health insurance listing us both, car title, credit cards, letters from friends/family addressed to both of us. I also brought photographs of the two of us together from several trips we had over 4 years. Your driver's licenses will show that you both live in the same address, and that's a big enough point. If you don't drive, get a state ID (it will still show the address as the same for you two). You have enough time to get that if you don't have it yet.

Meanwhile, go to kamya.com and read up on AOS experiences. People detail the stuff they bring and will give you an idea of what else you could bring. You also might be surprised that in some cases, none of the supporting documents was asked for at all.

Good luck, though. I'm sure the DAO will take into account that you have only been married a few months and are not expected to have a baby (although that will clinch it, I would think ) or own a house together so soon after getting married. And relax. I had butterflies in my stomach for weeks before the interview, and the interview itself turned out to be pretty anticlimactic. Generally, I don't think they're the ogres we tend to imagine them to be.

Anna