Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

age difference and visas

age difference and visas

Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: age difference and visas

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If the USC is the 45-year old, and the marriage is legal in the country in which it took place, I don't know.
Well... there are forms that must be signed by the non-USC fiance/spouse and if they're too young, they'd likely need a parent/guardian to sign on their behalf... and I'm not sure that'd be held as binding on them - if someone signed for them. <shrug> Fun discussion though!

Ian
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:47 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Are the OP couple already married? I would think that would make immigration questions more straightforward.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

tuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond repute

Not married now. The ages would be closer to the 45/75 example. I'm in my thirties.

Thank you for the advice!
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 4:17 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tuxedocat
Not married now. The ages would be closer to the 45/75 example. I'm in my thirties.

Thank you for the advice!
So you are the younger USC and he is the older UKC. I do not see significant immigration problems, at face value. Good Luck!
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

So a 30 year younger female would still be legal in my case.

Makes you think.....
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:03 am
BE Irregular

Originally Posted by Boiler
So a 30 year younger female would still be legal in my case.

Makes you think.....
What could have been?

There is still time...
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

True.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 2:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ian should remember the case at the inception of this forum even before it became a part of British expats when it was still on Deja Vu. There was a young girl, age 17, from Montreal, Canada who was engaged to a young man from Texas. Her mother signed the document allowing her to marry legally in Texas and the mother also completed an I-134 for her daughter so that she would be granted the K-1 at the Montreal US Consulate. The young girl did get the Fiancee Visa, married her Texas fiancee, successfully adjusted status and then we lost touch with her.

So, yes, most age difficulties can be overcome.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all

My husband is 19 years older than me. It wasn't an issue during the visa process. There were no questions asked.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

raceman is on a distinguished road

Our age difference is 27 years UKC being the older guy. No issues except close questioning at embassy, and expect the same at AOS. we were simply ready with a mountain of evidence, and confident with the situation at the interview.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

tuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond reputetuxedocat has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!