Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

After too many months of waiting...

After too many months of waiting...

Old Mar 5th 2009, 1:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After too many months of waiting...

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
Ok which "part" of london is the embassy in? when I do from St Helens to London, it pops up with about 50 different places to select from!
google meltdown?

http://tinyurl.com/d3jef2
Old Mar 5th 2009, 1:10 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
google meltdown?

http://tinyurl.com/d3jef2

Unfortunately it wont let me search by address...I have been scowering a google map in hopes of finding out if the embassy is in Bow Canary wharf blackfriars etc etc
lol

the coach is the cheapest route but then again, my fiance is daft when it comes to directions and being as Ive never been...Im desperately clueless!

Bloody hell, he can fly between the two for 75 quid! thats a steal, hed be home for dinner!

Last edited by agentpeppermint; Mar 5th 2009 at 1:17 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 1:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint

Unfortunately it wont let me search by address...I have been scowering a google map in hopes of finding out if the embassy is in Bow Canary wharf blackfriars etc etc
lol

the coach is the cheapest route but then again, my fiance is daft when it comes to directions and being as Ive never been...Im desperately clueless!

Bloody hell, he can fly between the two for 75 quid! thats a steal, hed be home for dinner!
If that link really didn't tell you, search this forum for Grosvenor Square. People have posted the train and underground stops that go with it.

edit: you can get a map and directions from the link I posted.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:01 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
If that link really didn't tell you, search this forum for Grosvenor Square. People have posted the train and underground stops that go with it.

edit: you can get a map and directions from the link I posted.

wheres the lil emoticon with a gun pointing at its head?
lol

So i found a flight for 75 quid, train to paddington return ticket for 14 quid and a 4 quid 10 min bus ride to Marble square....not bad on a limited budget! BUT...the fiance doesnt want to go on his own :curse: and now hes being a jerk to ME cause I just stayed up extra late to make sure we had a plan

his father had promised him that he would go down with him the night before and the 2 of them would make a trip out of it ( theyre not close, so he wanted to spend some time with him before coming back here for good ) and as usual his dads let him down just like he has every day since James was 10...The poor man always hopes his dad's going to become DAD... but apparently its not happening anytime soon...

so after GOOD things have been happening...back to the rollercoaster of good vs bad.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:51 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

There are several cheap hotels on Norfolk Square in Paddington. I stayed at the Norfolk Plaza a few years ago. We stayed at the ComfortINN Notting Hill In June. We booked it on Otel.com for about 70 a night including breakfast and it was very easy to get to the embassy from there.Also look on lastminute.com.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

mrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant future

AP

National Express coaches you want to arrive at Victoria Coach Station. If staying locally at paddington. The Embassy is about 15 minute walk from there or he can get loads of buses from either Praed Street or Edgware Road. He gets off at Marble Arch and walk down one of the back roads takes 5 - 7 minutes. He cannot get lost ask anyone for directons.

By Train comes into Euston from there either get the tube or there will be buses but easiest place to come into is Victoria loads of buses take you to Paddington/Nottinghill.

I know this well as lived and worked in the area for 15 years before we moved to North Devon.

Hope this is helpful.

Amanda
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:09 am
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by mrs Bucket
AP

National Express coaches you want to arrive at Victoria Coach Station. If staying locally at paddington. The Embassy is about 15 minute walk from there or he can get loads of buses from either Praed Street or Edgware Road. He gets off at Marble Arch and walk down one of the back roads takes 5 - 7 minutes. He cannot get lost ask anyone for directons.

By Train comes into Euston from there either get the tube or there will be buses but easiest place to come into is Victoria loads of buses take you to Paddington/Nottinghill.

I know this well as lived and worked in the area for 15 years before we moved to North Devon.

Hope this is helpful.

Amanda
thanks everyone! much appeciated!