Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

After too many months of waiting...

After too many months of waiting...

Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:09 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default After too many months of waiting...

So the Embassy finally emailed me...its 6 am and this is the best email ever!

Thank you for your email correspondence.

According to our records, your documents were received by the Immigrant Visa Unit on the 10th February 2009. Your appointment has been scheduled for the 24th March 2009 at 9.30am. Notification of the date and time of your interview was sent to you on the 3rd March 2009.

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit
U.S. Embassy, London
CONS/CIU/GS
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:49 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After too many months of waiting...

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
So the Embassy finally emailed me...its 6 am and this is the best email ever!
Congratulations! Your interview is 6 years to the date of my husband Mark's K-1 visa interview in London.

~ Jenney
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:55 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Congratulations! Your interview is 6 years to the date of my husband Mark's K-1 visa interview in London.

~ Jenney
well i hope that brings us good luck!!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:19 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

well i hope that brings us good luck!!
It should... it's 12 years to the day that Sheila and I met!

Ian
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Congratulations!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 1:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to your fiancee on the upcoming interview. Here's hoping there are no issues that can't be overcome.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 1:53 am
Questy Questionson

i dont think its sunk in yet.... i finally think i've got someone on my side going through this ( up there ) because everything has almost nearly just gone....right with this. now we just have the interview and getting him back here to contend with, then the second leg of our journey should be much easier doing it together...

I wouldnt have been able to hold it all together if it wasnt for the lot of you here at BE....thank you thank thank you
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

i dont think its sunk in yet.... i finally think i've got someone on my side going through this ( up there ) because everything has almost nearly just gone....right with this. now we just have the interview and getting him back here to contend with, then the second leg of our journey should be much easier doing it together...

I wouldnt have been able to hold it all together if it wasnt for the lot of you here at BE....thank you thank thank you

You are kidding, right? The K1 is the simpliest, easiest visa to obtain. The AOS can be a nightmare, plain and simple. Multiple forms, exams, biometrics, work permits, travel permits, social security number, etc.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You are kidding, right? The K1 is the simpliest, easiest visa to obtain. The AOS can be a nightmare, plain and simple. Multiple forms, exams, biometrics, work permits, travel permits, social security number, etc.
I see agentpeppermint's point, though...at least they will be doing the paperwork and legwork together. That in itself relieves a lot of stress.

I know I enjoyed the AOS portion more, even though it was more paperwork, because Sadegh was here with me.

Rene
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:42 am
Concierge

Jim was with me, but all he did was sign his name :-(

Can't imagine that AP will find it easier since her fiancee is suffering from OCD. Can imagine that will make the completion and submission of the forms a possible hell on earth ... praying that's not the case AP.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:58 am
Questy Questionson

Jim was with me, but all he did was sign his name :-(

Can't imagine that AP will find it easier since her fiancee is suffering from OCD. Can imagine that will make the completion and submission of the forms a possible hell on earth ... praying that's not the case AP.
I worked in the legal industry ( personal injury ) and repossession industry for ages, paperwork was always my friend LOL. I love filling out the paperwork because I am a stickler for details, both jobs, one number or letter off, you lose the repo or the court fees! So the paperwork doesn't bother me one bit!

My fiance's OCD wont affect the paperwork he just washes his hands umpteen times a day and picks imaginary black specs out of mashed potatoes...it's all good!

I am just grateful that we will be doing it together...I've gone through this process during my pregnancy and without any aid from anyone else ( other than BE members ) so it will be a relief to have him here to double check or remember something I've forgotten.

Oh... I cant figure it out as of yet, but my fiance is looking at taking a bus or train down to london the day before and putting up in a hotel the night before, can anyone assist me in finding a good rate at a hotel and possibly direct me to a website that i can find fares for the bus or train from manchester to london? My googling skills have escaped me at the moment!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:21 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Try National Express for trains to London. My husband and I got a great deal on trains from Scotland to London from them. Also try Otel.com for hotels.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:25 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

lolz, she *did* have a baby during all this, and has a couple of other little helpers at home, so I imagine she's had a lot on her mind.

agentpeppermint, do a quick search thru this forum; people add a good deal hotel in here every now and again.
Congrats on the interview notice and best wishes for a speedy reunion!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:27 pm
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Try National Express for trains to London. My husband and I got a great deal on trains from Scotland to London from them. Also try Otel.com for hotels.
TY penguin
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:54 pm
Questy Questionson

TY penguin
Ok which "part" of london is the embassy in? when I do from St Helens to London, it pops up with about 50 different places to select from!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.