After Packet 3 what

Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

rushnovski is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After Packet 3 what

Hi guys, please advise on what is next after packet 3 from the NVC. I am curious.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:22 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After Packet 3 what

Originally Posted by rushnovski
Hi guys, please advise on what is next after packet 3 from the NVC. I am curious.
I am a K3 visa holder from UK now living in US. I'm sure your location and visa type will affect your experience.

In my case I sent packet 3 to London Embassy. The sent me a letter with an interview date and a list of things I needed to bring with me to the interview. I also had a time for my medical.

My vis was issued the day of interview.

After entering the US I am required to apply for Adjustment of Status (AOS) in order to obtain a green card.

You're case may be different.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm not mistaken, Packet 3 actually comes from the embassy, does it not? NVC just holds the file while security checks are performed. NVC sends the file to the embassy, and the embassy sends out Packet 3 to the beneficiary. Depending on what embassy you are going through, your experience at that point will vary.

What embassy are you using?

Rene
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

this is for my wife. i was called by the attorney that packet 3 is in his office. i am using nigeria and she is my wife
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

this is for my wife. i was called by the attorney that packet 3 is in his office. i am using nigeria and she is my wife
So you are the USC and the attorney is in the USA as well, and has Packet 3 in his office? There should be instructions in Packet 3 as to what to fill out and return to the embassy in Nigeria. After that, I assume the embassy will call her for an interview. I'm not famliar with Nigeria specifics though. Don't know if there's just a checklist to send back, or the embassy wants more information up front. The instructions in Packet 3 should say what's required, and also what will happen next....being notified for an interview date sounds like the next reasonable step to me, though.

Rene
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:10 pm

Also, when you go to pick up the Packet 3 from the attorney, I'm sure he/she would be happy to tell you the next steps involved - your attorney will be more knowledgeable than I am (hopefully, anyway! lol)

Ask him/her, when you go to pick up Packet 3.

Rene
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:12 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again. I'm not familiar with the process in Nigeria. I have just done a forum search using the words 'K3' and 'Nigeria'.

Here's what i found....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...searchid=72521

Some of the posts may be useful to you.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Also, when you go to pick up the Packet 3 from the attorney, I'm sure he/she would be happy to tell you the next steps involved - your attorney will be more knowledgeable than I am (hopefully, anyway! lol)

Ask him/her, when you go to pick up Packet 3.

Rene
Thank u very much for the information. Yes, I am the USC and the attorney is here. My wife is from Nigeria. I will be seeing the attorney later in the day.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:55 am
Jonathan McNeil Wong

rushnovski wrote:
    > Hi guys, please advise on what is next after packet 3 from the NVC. I
    > am curious.
    >

I am not trying to be flip.

After Packet 3 comes Packet 4. Really.

Actually they both have new names:

Packet 3 is the "Information Package" and Packet 4 is the "Appointment
Package".

In virtually all cases, Packet 3 comes from NVC. Consulates have a
small supply for exigencies like follow-to-join cases.

In more and more cases, Packet 4 will come from NVC, but right now
except for the "alpha plus" posts, Packet 4 still comes from the post.

Trivia:

Packet 1 = a form letter that is issued in response to any inquiry about
visas. Now generally obsolete.

Packet 2 = the petition and supporting materials forwarded to post from
the USCIS.

The packet system is obsolete now but many people including attorneys
and consoffs use the terms out of habit.

--
Above intended as general commentary, not specific legal
advice. Your mileage may vary.

================================================== =============
Jonathan McNeil Wong Voice: 510-451-0544
Donahue, Gallagher Woods LLP Facsimile: 510-832-1486
P.O. Box 12979 http://www.donahue.com
Oakland, CA 94604-2979 E-mail: [email protected]

Old Feb 15th 2005, 1:32 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Heres a good overview of the K1 process:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=k1flow&
Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

hello all and thanks again for all the wonderful information. Packet 3 has been sent to NVC and I am waiting a response. Any idea what happens next? Does packet 4 stillcomes to the attorney or does it go to my wife in her country? How long does ittake for NVC to review packet 3?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 7:32 am
Jonathan McNeil Wong

rushnovski wrote:
    >>Heres a good overview of the K1 process:
    >>http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=k1flow&
    >
    >
    > hello all and thanks again for all the wonderful information. Packet 3
    > has been sent to NVC and I am waiting a response. Any idea what happens
    > next? Does packet 4 stillcomes to the attorney or does it go to my wife
    > in her country? How long does ittake for NVC to review packet 3?
    >

If you have an attorney involved, it is supposed to come to the
attorney. Many posts will send one copy to the alien and another to the
attorney.

Each should be on the lookout and inform the other.

--
Above intended as general commentary, not specific legal
advice. Your mileage may vary.

Jonathan McNeil Wong Voice: 510-451-0544
Donahue, Gallagher Woods LLP Facsimile: 510-832-1486
P.O. Box 12979 http://www.donahue.com
Oakland, CA 94604-2979 E-mail: [email protected]