Wikiposts

After I-130

Old Apr 8th 2012, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

auntieginzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation After I-130

Hi there, My daughter who is now an American citizen, married with kids has sponsored us to emigrate. She sent the I-130 off and results are due imminently. What happens next? Is it a quick process? Have looked to the USCIS site but there is so much information it's really confusing.
Help anyone?
Old Apr 8th 2012, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: After I-130

im not sure about this. but i think ive read that there is a 6 year wait for this kind of pr status. but please dont quote me on this.

someone with more knowledge will come along to help you
Old Apr 8th 2012, 10:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redarmy990
im not sure about this. but i think ive read that there is a 6 year wait for this kind of pr status. but please dont quote me on this.

someone with more knowledge will come along to help you
For the parent of a USC, there is no backlog. A visa number is immediately available, so the process takes about 8 to 10 months total.

Auntie, please see our Wiki Guide to the "CR-1" visa (yours won't be CR-1, but it will be the same Immigrant Visa process).

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2012, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks - that's really helpful
Old Apr 8th 2012, 10:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auntieginzy
Many thanks - that's really helpful
The reason you can't find what happens next on the USCIS site, is because when the I-130 gets approved, USCIS' job is done, and the Department of State takes over.

See here for more info: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_1339.html

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2012, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

thanks
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

We made exactly the same move last year from Australia. It took ours 12 months but that may have been because of a delay in obtaining the Police clearance from Germany where we lived for a while in the 70's. Good luck.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

And were you sponsored by your son or daughter?
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

By our daughter after she gained US citizenship.