Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

After aproval how long for you get your GC

After aproval how long for you get your GC

Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: After aproval how long for you get your GC

Interivew was the end of June, no greencard yet. I got the I-551 stamp at the interview, but then received an approval letter telling me to make an Infopass appointment for I-551 processing - fingerprints and signature. I did so a couple of weeks later, and was told by the officer that whoever approved me "put in the wrong code", but now that it was in that we had to send off the signature/fingerprint form. Did that, and am still waiting.

Originally Posted by sibsie
Three months post approval for me and no GC yet.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

CAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lucymoody
Interivew was the end of June, no greencard yet. I got the I-551 stamp at the interview, but then received an approval letter telling me to make an Infopass appointment for I-551 processing - fingerprints and signature. I did so a couple of weeks later, and was told by the officer that whoever approved me "put in the wrong code", but now that it was in that we had to send off the signature/fingerprint form. Did that, and am still waiting.
WOW, I am feel sorry for you that you have to wait such a long time. Just wondering if you and others that are still awaiting their card after aproval received the welcome letters too.

Reason why I ask this is, in this letter it says that a record of lawful permanent residence is being created, well...that is what my letter said and that I should receive my card within 3 weeks. It also has a phonenumber in it, that you have to call when you have not received it in after those weeks.

I'm just curious...
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:01 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: After aproval how long for you get your GC

Originally Posted by CAsunlover
Hi,

Can someone tell me how long it takes after receiving the aproval letter, how long it takes you will receive your GC? The letter states next few months....does it really takes that long?
Thank you for reading!
I-551 stamp May 31,
Approval letter Jun 7
Another Approval letter Jun 14
GC arrived Jun 20.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 3:26 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

WOW, I am feel sorry for you that you have to wait such a long time. Just wondering if you and others that are still awaiting their card after aproval received the welcome letters too.
I didn't receive a letter. I did infopass at Boston as I'd changed addy and wanted to make sure all was ok. They told me it can take up to a year and they won't inquire on the status of the letter or GC until at least a year has passed.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, didn't get a welcome letter yet!

Reason why I ask this is, in this letter it says that a record of lawful permanent residence is being created, well...that is what my letter said and that I should receive my card within 3 weeks. It also has a phonenumber in it, that you have to call when you have not received it in after those weeks.

I'm just curious...
Old Aug 9th 2005, 9:25 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

AOS interview last Monday, letter Friday, Green card turned up today.....some kind of record :-)
Old Aug 9th 2005, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

CAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
AOS interview last Monday, letter Friday, Green card turned up today.....some kind of record :-)
THAT is some sort of a record, now..what time did you file?
Old Aug 9th 2005, 9:45 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

THAT is some sort of a record, now..what time did you file?
Feb 2004 I believe, without checking
Old Aug 9th 2005, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Feb 2004 I believe, without checking
If I would receive my card today, I think I would be the record holder though, I filed march this year....interview in July, card today????
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:00 pm

If I would receive my card today, I think I would be the record holder though, I filed march this year....interview in July, card today????
That was quick!!!! What received date did they give you if you filed in March?
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

That was quick!!!! What received date did they give you if you filed in March?
March 14
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:08 pm

March 14
I filed in Feb, dated April 6 :-(
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:09 pm

March 14
Let me guess Vermont, it's definitely not Nebraska
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Let me guess Vermont, it's definitely not Nebraska
Fresno
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:13 pm

Fresno
Doh, I guess your name should have told me...It's my age :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.