Reload this Page >

Affidavit of support Question/London

Wikiposts

Affidavit of support Question/London

Old May 18th 2009, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Jezibella is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Affidavit of support Question/London

I have a few questions about the affidavit of support… My mother is going to be the sponsor, or should I say joint sponsor? Reading on the embassy in london website I was redirected to the NVC website, but I’m curious if it’s different from the Embassy in London?
My 1-130 Petition is still processing in London, but I want to get a move on things, or at least tell my mother what she needs…

It says on the website:
“Warning: Do not take any action described above without authorization from the NVC. Taking action without the NVC's authorization could result in a delay in processing.”

How do I obtain authorization for my mother and myself?

It also says you must send the affidavits to the NVC and they will send to embassy... but elsewhere says it you will need to send it to your embassy and no fee will be paid. It's confusing.

I assumed my husband would bring the supporting affidavits to his interview in London. -- Since it is on the document checklist.

Please someone explain to me the process!
Old May 18th 2009, 10:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of support Question/London

If you are doing DCF through London (meaning you filed the I-130 and it was accepted directly at the consulate in London), then your process is different than what you posted.

The process you posted is what happens when the I-130 is filed to a Service Center in the USA.

In your case, your husband will be taking the I-864s and backup info to his interview. Neither you nor your mother will be getting any notice from NVC regarding the I-864.

Rene
Old May 18th 2009, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you are doing DCF through London (meaning you filed the I-130 and it was accepted directly at the consulate in London), then your process is different than what you posted.

The process you posted is what happens when the I-130 is filed to a Service Center in the USA.

In your case, your husband will be taking the I-864s and backup info to his interview. Neither you nor your mother will be getting any notice from NVC regarding the I-864.

Rene
Thanks Rene!

He's going to go ahead and get his Police Record, which will take a few days.

He's going to go to the NHS doc and get vaccinations, plus his vac records to bring to the medical exam.

We already have original documents for Interview.

Then we will wait for the Packet (already filling out the DS-23O-I)

So once we get the packet we will hurry up and send the DS-23O-I and wait patiently for our interview.

Also do you think it will be a problem to change address? We will send a Notice letter along with the DS-23O-I. We're moving to his parents house in July.

So I hope this will make things go more smoothly..(assuming the petition will be approved, ha!) I'm not going to get my hopes up for USA in August..., but I'm thinking of requesting a sooner interview date.
Old May 18th 2009, 11:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jezibella
Also do you think it will be a problem to change address? We will send a Notice letter along with the DS-23O-I. We're moving to his parents house in July/
I haven't heard of anyone reporting big problems with changing address mid-DCF. Just keep on top of it and make sure they have the current mailing address for the visa application packet, and then make sure he confirms current address at his interview, for the courier to make the correct delivery.

Rene
Old May 18th 2009, 11:52 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

So I hope this will make things go more smoothly..(assuming the petition will be approved, ha!) I'm not going to get my hopes up for USA in August..., but I'm thinking of requesting a sooner interview date.
Girl, if it was me and a trip to Hawaii, you'd better know I would be agitating for an earlier date.
As SOON as you hear back that the I-130 has been approved, get ahold of the Consulate.

If you don't want to do the two trips idea I posted before.
Old May 18th 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Girl, if it was me and a trip to Hawaii, you'd better know I would be agitating for an earlier date.
As SOON as you hear back that the I-130 has been approved, get ahold of the Consulate.

If you don't want to do the two trips idea I posted before.
Speak of the devil! I just got my approval letter today. I am actually pleased with the service... Thursday the 14th I did next day so that it would arrive on Friday the 15th. It was approved on Friday the 15th!

So now I think... We will send the DS-2001 asap.

How do I get ahold of the embassy? Doesn't it cost $$? Shouldn't my husband be the one requesting the earlier interview?

I was thinking when we send the DS-230 Form Pt.1 , we'll include a letter of request for the earliest possible interview.

Hawaii seems closer...
Old May 18th 2009, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Just a quick clarification.
Immediately my husband will fill out the DS-23O-I and the DS-2001 and send to the Immigrant Visa Unit. (Along with change of address and request for sooner interview date)

Even though he has not received the Instruction Package for Immigrant Visa Applicants.

The second Process via london:http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...ivprocess.html Which to me sounds pretty much to an instruction package online.

It says "Assemble all of the relevant documents required in support of your application and forward the Form DS-2001, Notification of Applicant(s) Readiness, to the Immigrant Visa Unit. These documents must not be mailed to the Embassy. You will be required to furnish the original of all documents and one copy on the day of the formal visa interview."

Sounds confusing it you don't read it twice. Pretty much I send the DS forms to the Immigrant Visa Unit and not the documents.

Last edited by Jezibella; May 18th 2009 at 11:09 pm.
Old May 19th 2009, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Rene, if you could help me. I'm trying to figure out what type of I-864 form I need. There's an I-864, I-864W, I-864A, and I-864EZ.

I'm reading and I just don't understand which I am supposed to fill out and which one my mother is supposed to fill out.

--
Okay I think I fill all of them out?...

Last edited by Jezibella; May 19th 2009 at 2:25 am.
Old May 19th 2009, 3:08 am

Rene, if you could help me. I'm trying to figure out what type of I-864 form I need. There's an I-864, I-864W, I-864A, and I-864EZ.

I'm reading and I just don't understand which I am supposed to fill out and which one my mother is supposed to fill out.

--
Okay I think I fill all of them out?...
No...not all of them. You are the sponsor, so you will fill out an I-864 (or an I-864W or I-864EZ, if you qualify for either of those).

If your mother lives with you, and you are using her income as a household member on your I-864, she will fill out an I-864A.

If your mother does not live with you, she will fill out a separate I-864. She cannot fill out an I-864EZ, joint sponsors cannot use an I-864EZ.

Rene
Old May 19th 2009, 7:04 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Point of clarification - I-864W is filled out by the visa applicant, not by the petitioner.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No...not all of them. You are the sponsor, so you will fill out an I-864 (or an I-864W or I-864EZ, if you qualify for either of those).

Rene
Old May 19th 2009, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Point of clarification - I-864W is filled out by the visa applicant, not by the petitioner.

Regards, JEff
Thanks JEff, I couldn't remember what that one was about, without looking it up. Now I remember.

Rene