Reload this Page >

Affidavit of Support question

Affidavit of Support question

Old Jun 3rd 2019, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

matthewhf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Affidavit of Support question

Hello all,

Does anyone have any advice on tax transcripts with the I-864 form?

We have yet to file for the most recent tax year due to the automatic extension for those abroad, as this will be our first year filing jointly I need to apply for an ITIN which causes the tax return to take '9 to 11 weeks' to process! Even filing regularly, this won't be enough time for the tax transcripts to generate before my interview in a few weeks.

I understand that the embassy in London is now only accepting tax transcripts from the recent threads on here, unless anyone has had a different experience. I am just contemplating whether it is better for us to file the return and simply submit the copy of the return along with the 'W-2' etc. Or whether to file for an extension and attach this to the affidavit along with the w-2 etc.

The official department of state website states that either works [https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html]
"Alternatively, you may submit a copy of a tax return from the most recent tax year."
"Extensions: If you filed an extension for the most recent tax year, submit a photocopy of your IRS Form 4868 (PDF - 509 KB), or write and sign a statement indicating you filed an extension, along with a tax transcript or tax return from the previous year."

The staff at the embassy are unable to answer any speculative questions about the I-864 apparently, the ambiguity is giving me a bit of anxiety as we are also planning to be travelling for summer holidays next month, and I'm sure an RFE for this sort of this is going to be quite a delay.

This became much longer than intended! Thanks all
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 1:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of Support question

You didn't give much info as to how you applied for your CR-1 visa or perhaps it is an IR-1 visa, depending on the length of your marriage, so I looked back at your other posts. You are doing a DCF.

How long has your wife been living in England? Has she filed her US taxes before moving to the UK? Or has she just not filed the most recent because you don't have an ITIN? How long have you been married? Answers to your questions, depends on the answers to mine.