Reload this Page >

Affidavit of Support question

Wikiposts

Affidavit of Support question

Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Seinken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Affidavit of Support question

In the I-134 form it asks how much income, and if I am self employed to supply a tax report or a 'report of commercial rating concern' I have no idea what the latter is, and I also have no records of my past few years tax reports.

I have bank statements showing steady income and it exceeds the poverty guidelines. If I were to copy my businesses income and expenditure along with my personal bank statement, would this be acceptable as proof of income?
Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:48 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of Support question

Originally Posted by Seinken
In the I-134 form it asks how much income, and if I am self employed to supply a tax report or a 'report of commercial rating concern' I have no idea what the latter is, and I also have no records of my past few years tax reports.

I have bank statements showing steady income and it exceeds the poverty guidelines. If I were to copy my businesses income and expenditure along with my personal bank statement, would this be acceptable as proof of income?
You can order 'transcripts' of your past income tax returns from IRS; they are free and arrive within a week-10 days.

Your bank statements may be useful back up evidence, but they do not prove income.
Bear in mind that your business income total may be different than your personal income; it's your personal income (after all those deductions) that counts.

Which visa is this for, a K-1? If so, this may be helpful: Evidence Which May Be Presented to Meet the Public Charge Provisions of the Law

edit: while the tax returns may not be specifically required for the I-134, they will be for a subsequent I-864 affidavit of support, which is why it's suggested you get them now.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:03 am
Just Joined

I have actually sent in for the tax transcripts, they just haven't appeared in the mail yet, and I'm in the UK as well so it'll take another two weeks for them to get here.

I only ask about the I-134 in terms of her getting her interview and such, and if I can get away with just showing weekly payments from my business paypal and bank statements dating back to '08 I'd rather get the ball rolling now.

Also, when is the I-864 required?
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:11 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Also, when is the I-864 required?
After you're married and in the US... when she files to adjust her status.

Ian
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:16 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I only ask about the I-134 in terms of her getting her interview and such, and if I can get away with just showing weekly payments from my business paypal and bank statements dating back to '08 I'd rather get the ball rolling now.
Your business has no expenses?
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:49 am
Just Joined

My business does have expenses, but they can also be clearly labeled out and itemized easily, there are 2 paypal accounts the money goes through before it hits my real bank account as well, so the 2nd paypal account shows money gained after expenses, weekly.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:51 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

My business does have expenses, but they can also be clearly labeled out and itemized easily, there are 2 paypal accounts the money goes through before it hits my real bank account as well, so the 2nd paypal account shows money gained after expenses, weekly.
give them what they want. The government is like a bank -- a tax return is pretty good confirmation of income.