Affidavit of Support Question

Wikiposts

Affidavit of Support Question

Old Jul 19th 2004, 1:10 am
Just Joined

Mark Fletcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Affidavit of Support Question

Hi,

My fiancee has just completed the Affidavit of support form for the interview and has posted it over to me.

Accompanying the support form is a letter from her employer confirming her current salary, and three payslips. Is this sufficient evidence or do we have to provide tax returns, bank statements etc?

Thanks,

Mark
Old Jul 19th 2004, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of Support Question

Originally posted by Mark Fletcher
Hi,

My fiancee has just completed the Affidavit of support form for the interview and has posted it over to me.

Accompanying the support form is a letter from her employer confirming her current salary, and three payslips. Is this sufficient evidence or do we have to provide tax returns, bank statements etc?

Thanks,

Mark
Good q, Mark. I assume you are refering to the I-134, not the I-864? If you are asking in reference to the I-134, then tax returns are not asked for in the instructions, however, from most posters previous experiences, it is highly suggested that you include them with the I-134. Bank statements aren't really necessary either, but some have included them with the I-134. Better to be over-prepared than under.

If you are asking this question in reference to the I-864, then YES tax returns or transcripts are necessary.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:44 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of Support Question

Mark,

I'm guessing that you are referring to a visa interview?

You need whatever evidence the consular officer wants to see to determine that you meet the public charge provisions of the law. Many do require tax return(s), and they can always ask for bank statements as well if they feel they need to.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Mark Fletcher
Hi,

Thanks,

Mark