Reload this Page >

Affidavit of Support question

Wikiposts

Affidavit of Support question

Old Mar 31st 2004, 9:30 am
Queen of the Obvious

KimJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Affidavit of Support question

I'm filling out the I-134 affidavit of support form and the instructions say to include a letter from my bank stating the dates I opened my accounts, the total balances and the total amount of deposits made during the past year. I was able to get everything but the total deposits amount. Of course I can sum this up myself, but it won't be anything 'officially' from the bank.

Has anyone else had this problem? Will sending in bank statements for the past year be sufficient?

I know I've seen this question posted here before but I can't seem to find anything by doing a search.

Thanks in advance,
Kim
Old Mar 31st 2004, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

no-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really niceno-spam is just really nice
Default Re: Affidavit of Support question

I think the instructions for that form state that if you have all the bank statements for the last 12 months that is sufficient, or you could send in a letter from the bank officer. I don't understand though, why your bank can't provide you the letter though.

I guess you know that you don't have to provide the assets information unless you didn't have income great enough to meet the minimum requirement.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

janousek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I need to fill out form I-864A

Hi,

My question is related to Form I-864 but it's little different. My AOS interview is on Apr. 08. We are using my income (immigrant's income) in order to be qualified.
Do I need to fill out Form I-864 A?

Thank you,
-Janousek
Old Mar 31st 2004, 10:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kim,

My bank letter stated the dates my savings and checking were opened, and the average balance of each. It also does not list a total amount deposited. I provided one year of bank statements along with it.

The Ankara consulate required my fiance to turn in the I-134 and supporting docs in ahead of his interview, and so far so good - the whole package was only missing my 2002 W-2 form. His interview is April 14th.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Mar 31st 2004, 10:27 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kim,

Initially I got the same letter that you did. I had to force my bank to do it. It requires a little research on their part and they may charge you a "Research Fee". I don't know if it is really necessary, but I didn't want to take any chances.

Leslie

Originally posted by KimJ
I'm filling out the I-134 affidavit of support form and the instructions say to include a letter from my bank stating the dates I opened my accounts, the total balances and the total amount of deposits made during the past year. I was able to get everything but the total deposits amount. Of course I can sum this up myself, but it won't be anything 'officially' from the bank.

Has anyone else had this problem? Will sending in bank statements for the past year be sufficient?

I know I've seen this question posted here before but I can't seem to find anything by doing a search.

Thanks in advance,
Kim