Reload this Page >

affidavit of support Form I-134

affidavit of support Form I-134

Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

tilley7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default affidavit of support Form I-134

hi guys.

does this I-134 affidavit of Support need to be notarised for the interview in london for my K1 visa to move to the states. Some websites say yes some no. If so can we have it notarised in england as my financee is visting me right now for 3 weeks. Or can it only be notarised in the United States where she is from.

thanks,

matt
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: affidavit of support Form I-134

Originally Posted by tilley7
hi guys.

does this I-134 affidavit of Support need to be notarised for the interview in london for my K1 visa to move to the states. Some websites say yes some no. If so can we have it notarised in england as my financee is visting me right now for 3 weeks. Or can it only be notarised in the United States where she is from.

thanks,

matt
The only website you should get instructions from is www.uscis.gov. That's the USCIS official site. According to that site, for form I-134:

To file this form, it needs to be sworn to or affirmed by a USCIS Officer at any USCIS Office, by a notary public, or other official authorized to administer oaths for general purposes. If the sponsor is outside the United States, the affidavit must be sworn to or affirmed by a USCIS Officer or Consular Officer at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

That should help.

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:35 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

What Rene said.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

tilley7 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thanks

i guess the I-864 (affidavit for support) is different to the I-134 (affidavit for support) because the US embassay in london wont notarise this but according to you they will notarise the I-134. Also the I-134 isn't up as something they don't notarise. I guess becuase they are both called Affidavit for support i thought they were the same thing. Just want to confirm so i dont book the appointment and they tell me the dont notarise the i-134. I have made this sounds confusing i know.

thanks
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tilley7
ok thanks

i guess the I-864 (affidavit for support) is different to the I-134 (affidavit for support) because the US embassay in london wont notarise this but according to you they will notarise the I-134. Also the I-134 isn't up as something they don't notarise. I guess becuase they are both called Affidavit for support i thought they were the same thing. Just want to confirm so i dont book the appointment and they tell me the dont notarise the i-134. I have made this sounds confusing i know.

thanks
Indeed, the I-134 and I-864 are totally different documents. They are both called Affidavit of Support, but the I-134 is used in connection with non-immigrant visas, such as your K-1. The I-864 is used for immigrant visas and for those adjusting status inside the USA.

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:52 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

There may be a charge for having the document notarized there, FYI.