Wikiposts

Affidavit of support

Old May 14th 2002, 1:20 am
Unique

Default Affidavit of support

My fiance is compiling the affidavid of support and we wondered about this statement.

A . Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution in which you
have deposits giving the following details regarding your account:

1. date account opened
2. total amount deposited for the past year
3. present balance

Does this have to be a specialy prepared statement from the bank, or can she provide
coppies of bank statements for the duration of the account which she has held for
about 6 months now.

Regards

Mark

Old May 14th 2002, 1:27 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of support

Originally posted by Unique
My fiance is compiling the affidavid of support and we wondered about this statement.

A . Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution in which you
have deposits giving the following details regarding your account:

1. date account opened
2. total amount deposited for the past year
3. present balance

Does this have to be a specialy prepared statement from the bank, or can she provide
coppies of bank statements for the duration of the account which she has held for
about 6 months now.

Regards

Mark
LOL david is not involved in this ;-) (Sorry I couldn't resist.)

The I-134 Affidavit of support is what some people call and either/or affidavit. If your fiancee's annual income meets or exceeds the 125% poverty guidelines ($$14,992) for a family of two, there is no need to complete the bank letter. They should submit a letter from their employer stating starting date of employment, type of work performed, if position if full or part time, annual income. Attach a current paystub as backup proof of earnings.

Rete
Old May 14th 2002, 2:20 am
Andy Platt

Does your fiance need to use assets? If the income exceeds the required level for
family size and situation, you do not need to list assets and do not need this
information.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "unique"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > My fiance is compiling the affidavid of support and we wondered about this
    > statement.
    >
    > A . Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution in which
    > you have deposits giving the following details regarding your account:
    >
    > 1. date account opened
    > 2. total amount deposited for the past year
    > 3. present balance
    >
    > Does this have to be a specialy prepared statement from the bank, or can she
    > provide coppies of bank statements for the duration of the account which she has
    > held for about 6 months now.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Mark

Old May 14th 2002, 3:20 am
Ranjini

Yes, it is a formal statement on bank letter head paper. Using the format given. And
signed by a bank official. Worked for us. Basically, it is best to give the INS
exactly what they ask for, in the format they ask for. In my humble opinion, at
least. Ranjini

"unique" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My fiance is compiling the affidavid of support and we wondered about this
    > statement.
    >
    > A . Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution in which
    > you have deposits giving the following details regarding your account:
    >
    > 1. date account opened
    > 2. total amount deposited for the past year
    > 3. present balance
    >
    > Does this have to be a specialy prepared statement from the bank, or can she
    > provide coppies of bank statements for the duration of the account which she has
    > held for about 6 months now.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Mark

Old May 14th 2002, 3:20 am
Jeffrey Scharpf

I just brought this portion of the instructions to my banks and said "here, do this
please" ).. They gave me a letter along with several pages of deposits broken down
by month since the beginning of the year..

Had no problems..

Jeff