Affidavit of support

Old Oct 5th 2012, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

UK_Tomcat_Fan will become famous soon enoughUK_Tomcat_Fan will become famous soon enough
Default Affidavit of support

Hi Folks

My future father in law has said he will provide affidavit of support, he has sent me the form filled out however we missed the fact that we need evidence

I have researched and I think we need a copy of the latest tax return and that will cover it

Can anyone confirm exactly what we require as "evidence"

Thanks

Martin
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of support

A Joint Sponsor needs to provide all the same information the Sponsor does.

Original signed I-864
Proof of US citizenship or PR status
Most recent tax return (or most recent 3 years if the most recent one is weak)
Might help to have proof of current income (a few recent pay stubs or letter from employer, or whatever other proof he has of current income, depending on where the income is coming from)
If using assets, proof of the value of the assets.

Rene
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:27 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds as though your research may not have included reading the I-864 instructionsm where the required supporting documentation is identified throughout the detailed instruction for those items of information that require documentation.
Originally Posted by UK_Tomcat_Fan
I have researched and I think we need a copy of the latest tax return and that will cover it
No. What is required "exactly" will depend on the information that was provided on the I-864, and none of us here know 'exactly' what that information is.
Can anyone confirm exactly what we require as "evidence"
Regards, JEff
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

UK_Tomcat_Fan will become famous soon enoughUK_Tomcat_Fan will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the information

Glad we came on the forum... we filled in an I-134!
Old Oct 5th 2012, 7:24 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It would have been a good idea to have reminded us of that, I for one don't have every poster's case memorized. But in this case I will admit that it would not have changed the essential elements of my response.

Regards, JEff

we filled in an I-134!
Old Oct 5th 2012, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry Jeff I meant we filled in the wrong form, we filled in an I-134 instead of the I-864

We are filing for a K-1 visa
Old Oct 5th 2012, 8:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Jeff I meant we filled in the wrong form, we filled in an I-134 instead of the I-864

Then you filled in the correct form. For a K-1 visa, the affidavit of support is the I-134, but all the supporting evidence is the same.

Once you are inside the USA, married, and filing AOS, then the USC fills out an I-864.

Rene
Old Oct 5th 2012, 8:47 pm

Wow, your research was even more inadequate than I thought!

Regards, JEff

Old Oct 5th 2012, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you