Wikiposts

affidavit of support

Old Dec 31st 2001, 8:04 am
Sweetthang224417

I just sent out the I-129F to start the process of bringing my fiance here from the
UK. I just graduated from college in December. During the times when I was a student,
I made over the poverty level for two people, but just about $2K short of the 125%
level. I just started a job where I'll be making well over the required amount. I do
have a substantial amount of cash assets and tangible assets which could be converted
into cash within a year, and yes they will equal to five times the difference. I have
a large extended family, so getting a sponsor won't be a problem. I do not want to do
this if I don't have to, but will if I must. Should I get one just in case, or should
I be confortable just with what I have?

Old Jan 1st 2002, 6:22 am
Mhaley12345

You won't need the proof of being able to meet the requirements until the interview
stage. I was a student for the 3 years prior to filing (and not making the required
income) and only obtained a teaching position (which put me over the needed amount)
about 5 months before the interview. With a letter from employer and some pay stubs,
we had no problems.