income with your tax form.

Its just my sponsor is not my fiancé it is her brother and we wanted to know
if they would contact his job

so he can tell them to expect a call

thanks

David

Old May 30th 2004, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice
Default Re: affidavit of support

Originally posted by David
hey I was wondering if someone could tell me some

information on the affidavit of support. I have just filed my K1 Fiancé
Visa, it has not been approved yet,

but my question is, im about to fill out the affidavit of support and I was
wondering if anyone knew if they
----- yes, you need to send affidavit of support to your Fiancé
once the petition for K1 is approved and she goes for Visa stampning from Consulate,
actually call your job about your employment, or if they just verify your

thanks

David
Old May 31st 2004, 1:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The majority of US Consulates worldwide will require an I-134 affidavit of support and not the I-864. The I-134 is basically just for show and the sponsor is not legally liable for your care and support. The I-864 is, however, and will be required by a few US Consulates and most definitely for the adjustment of status after marriage and filing for residency.

No they will not call the employer to verify employment although a letter from said employer is a requirement of both the I-134 and the I-864. Also if you are from the UK, the US Consulate will require tax returns or tax transcripts as proof of earnings for the last three years.

Your fiancee, even though she cannot fulfill the financial requirements for sponsorship, is required to complete an I-134 of her own.

Also if you are using some US Consulates, i.e. London's, you can be your own financial sponsor if you have enough assets (five times the 125% of the poverty guidelines for a family your size).

Go to www.visajourney.com and read the FAQ on the K1.

Rete

Originally posted by David
hey I was wondering if someone could tell me some

information on the affidavit of support. I have just filed my K1 Fiancé
Visa, it has not been approved yet,

but my question is, im about to fill out the affidavit of support and I was
wondering if anyone knew if they

actually call your job about your employment, or if they just verify your

thanks

David
Old May 31st 2004, 1:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

David

My apologies but I realize that I am confused by your post in terms of who you are. Are you the foreign fiancee or the US Citizen fiancee. If you are the US citizen fiancee you have not filed for the K-1 Fiancee Visa. You've filed the I-129F. The foreign fiancee files for the K-1 after approval of the I-129F. Also if you are the US citizen fiancee, you further state your future brother-in-law will be the financial sponsor of his foreign sister, your fiancee. Is this B-I-L a US Citizen or a permanent resident of the US? If not, they are not eligible to be financial sponsor of his sister. One must be a USC or a PR in order to qualify.

Rete

Originally posted by Rete
The majority of US Consulates worldwide will require an I-134 affidavit of support and not the I-864. The I-134 is basically just for show and the sponsor is not legally liable for your care and support. The I-864 is, however, and will be required by a few US Consulates and most definitely for the adjustment of status after marriage and filing for residency.

No they will not call the employer to verify employment although a letter from said employer is a requirement of both the I-134 and the I-864. Also if you are from the UK, the US Consulate will require tax returns or tax transcripts as proof of earnings for the last three years.

Your fiancee, even though she cannot fulfill the financial requirements for sponsorship, is required to complete an I-134 of her own.

Also if you are using some US Consulates, i.e. London's, you can be your own financial sponsor if you have enough assets (five times the 125% of the poverty guidelines for a family your size).

Go to www.visajourney.com and read the FAQ on the K1.

Rete