Affidavit of Support

Old Feb 8th 2004, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default Affidavit of Support

My Fiancee and me are a bit confused with the AOS form. My american financee fills out the form sponsoring me. However there is a section "oath of Sponsor" that requires a "signature of Officer Administrating Oath", who is this person and whre do we find him ? Im sure it is mentioned when we get our NOA2 in the post but since we are passing day 180 now we are expecting the NOA2 any day (niavely maybe !) but we want to be as prepared as possible to move swiftly onto getting the visa...

Thanks,
MrDub
Old Feb 8th 2004, 12:32 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of Support

Originally posted by MrDub
My Fiancee and me are a bit confused with the AOS form. My american financee fills out the form sponsoring me. However there is a section "oath of Sponsor" that requires a "signature of Officer Administrating Oath", who is this person and whre do we find him ? Im sure it is mentioned when we get our NOA2 in the post but since we are passing day 180 now we are expecting the NOA2 any day (niavely maybe !) but we want to be as prepared as possible to move swiftly onto getting the visa...

Thanks,
MrDub

It is a notary. The same as your USC needed for notarizing the I-134 for your K visa.

Rete
Old Feb 8th 2004, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

Originally posted by Rete
It is a notary. The same as your USC needed for notarizing the I-134 for your K visa.

Rete

Rete,

I am not following....Who signs this notary !?
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

ire blues will become famous soon enoughire blues will become famous soon enough

Rete,

I got my NOA2 letter yesterday and there was no information given. It only states that the petition was sent on to NVC and they will contact me when the file moves on to the embassy (2-4 weeks).
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:10 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

The USC (or sponsor) signs the I864, in fron of a notary- who also signs in the "signature of Officer Administrating Oath" blank.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by ironporer
The USC (or sponsor) signs the I864, in fron of a notary- who also signs in the "signature of Officer Administrating Oath" blank.
okay so who is the notary ??
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:19 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

I think you can use a lawyer to get it notarised.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:20 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

A notary is a person. They are licensed by the state to notarize documents in certain counties of the state. Your financee needed one for the I-134 so she should that the I-864 for the AOS to the same person for notarization.

A notary public will attest to her signature for a small fee.

Rete
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:22 am
Concierge

Originally posted by mcjimbo
I think you can use a lawyer to get it notarised.
Not all attorneys are notary. I am a notary. All it entails to become a notary is to pay the fee, take the test, pass and get registered.

Most banks, real estate offices and law offices have notaries. Also some drug stores and if all else fails you can find them in the yellow pages of your US phone book under "Notary Public"

Rete
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:25 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Right, in Australia a notary is called "A justice of the peace" , but yeah they perform the same role as a notary it seems. Not sure what they are called in UK, probably the same thing as Australia's legal system in very similar to the UK's.

Probably why MrDub was confused.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 2:28 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point

Not all attorneys are notary. I am a notary. All it entails to become a notary is to pay the fee, take the test, pass and get registered.

Most banks, real estate offices and law offices have notaries. Also some drug stores and if all else fails you can find them in the yellow pages of your US phone book under "Notary Public"

Rete
My Tax Accountant signed ours!
Old Feb 8th 2004, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Rete
Ahhh thank you, my question is answered....now all I need is a NOA2 approval from NSC !!
Old Feb 8th 2004, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

I hope I'm right on this... if not then I'm sure someone will correct me.....
A Notary Public is a public servant appointed by state government to witness the signing of important documents and administer oaths.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

A notary is a person. They are licensed by the state to notarize documents in certain counties of the state. Your financee needed one for the I-134 so she should that the I-864 for the AOS to the same person for notarization.

A notary public will attest to her signature for a small fee.

Rete
Rete beat me too it....
Old Feb 8th 2004, 7:18 am
Concierge

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
I hope I'm right on this... if not then I'm sure someone will correct me.....
A Notary Public is a public servant appointed by state government to witness the signing of important documents and administer oaths.

Not sure of other states but in New York State you are not appointed to the position. You apply for it, take a test, if you pass, you pay dues to retain your status.

Rete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.