Wikiposts

Affidavit of Support?

Old Apr 13th 2003, 10:58 pm
fun
Forum Regular

fun is on a distinguished road
Default Affidavit of Support?

We are thinking of including the following as supporting documents with the Affidavit of Support.

latest tax return

bank statement (is this really necessary?)

letter from employer (is this really necessary?)

Anything else that we need to include.

Thanks.
Old Apr 13th 2003, 11:27 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of Support?

Originally posted by fun
We are thinking of including the following as supporting documents with the Affidavit of Support.

latest tax return

bank statement (is this really necessary?)

letter from employer (is this really necessary?)

Anything else that we need to include.

Thanks.

I have flipped through your previous posts, and you never say what consulate you're going through. When you post questions like the one you have, it is difficult to give you an educated response when we don't know such essential information.

So...... which consulate?? As I mentioned in a previous thread to you, the consulates vary in what they require for both the I-134 and the interview.

A good place to start is by looking at the I-134 Instructions, which you can read here:

http://k1.exit.com/i134in.gif

It states to provide the supporting documentation "as appropriate." If your annual salary meets or exceeds the 125% for your household size, the employment letter is required and should suffice. However, again that depends on your consulate.

The tax return issue is up in the air, too. Some require only one, some want three, some don't require any. If you tell us which consulate you're going through, we'd be able to give you more specific advice.

If you are using financial assets to bolster your I-134, then a letter from your bank would be helpful.

You might also consider doing a search for previous NG threads covering this subject, as it has been discussed countless times already.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 14th 2003, 12:59 am
Ron

What consulate?

"fun" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > We are thinking of including the following as supporting documents with
    > the Affidavit of Support.
    > latest tax return
    > bank statement (is this really necessary?)
    > letter from employer (is this really necessary?)
    > Anything else that we need to include.
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 14th 2003, 1:08 am
fun
Forum Regular

fun is on a distinguished road

I am going through Hong Kong Consulate. Thanks.
Old Apr 14th 2003, 4:12 am
Ron

There have been posters using Hong Kong. Maybe you can find useful
information by search the NG for Hong Kong.

"fun" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I am going through Hong Kong Consulate. Thanks.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 14th 2003, 4:33 am
Just Joined

arcticjoel is an unknown quantity at this point

Some consulates (including the one in Stockholm) requires at least two of those that you listed. It might differ from consulate to consulate
Old Apr 14th 2003, 5:47 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the Embassy website for Hong Kong, and then go to their Consular section.