Wikiposts

affidavit of support

Old Oct 24th 2002, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default affidavit of support

Hi again,

Today I mailed off the I-129F petition to the California Service Center and now I'm thinking ok, what next. We've already did Packet 3, but we're waiting for the Police Certificate. Anyway, my question is in regards to the affidavit of support.

What do I have to have notarized?The I-134 or the letter of employment?

What else do I submit with this particular form?

and how far in advance should I send it to my fiance? keep in mind I just sent in the petition today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2002, 3:43 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there,

I've noticed your posts on here recently, looks like we're both starting the process at the same time. I just mailed off our petition to VSC on Tuesday, and Mark applied for his police certificate on Wednesday. Other than than, we haven't done anything more.

I'm also curious about that "next step." We haven't gotten Packet 3 yet (much less completed it!) so I suspect that's next on the list. That, plus getting a co-sponsor for the I-134 and arranging all that.

You're also US-UK, right? It will be interesting to compare the progress each of us makes over the coming months, won't it?

~ Jenney
Old Oct 24th 2002, 4:33 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: affidavit of support

Only the I-134 itself has to be notarized.

katnap8 wrote:
    > Hi again,
    > Today I mailed off the I-129F petition to the California Service Center
    > and now I'm thinking ok, what next. We've already did Packet 3, but
    > we're waiting for the Police Certificate. Anyway, my question is in
    > regards to the affidavit of support.
    > What do I have to have notarized?The I-134 or the letter of employment?
    > What else do I submit with this particular form?
    > and how far in advance should I send it to my fiance? keep in mind I
    > just sent in the petition today.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 24th 2002, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Hi, yep, US/UK match here too, I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area, and my fiance is from Middlesbrough, North East England. I'm not sure if you know, but you can open a provisional file in the UK. Just download packet 3: the DS-230, the DS-156 and DS-156k, and the IV-15 (checklist). they are on the following website www.usembassy.org.uk, you could send them along with a cover letter requesting that they open a provisional file for him. You might want to take a look at the I-134 (affidavit of support) from the INS website and start collecting that info. It will be great to find out your progress as well.
Old Oct 24th 2002, 5:36 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

A quick question about the provisional file:

The way I'm reading the info on the embassy website, the provisional file is set up once Mark sends in the completed downloaded forms. They then enter this info into their system, and in the meantime Mark (and I) collect the stuff on the checklist for him to bring with him to the interview.

Is this correct? I just want to make sure I'm understanding this provisional file stuff right!

Thanks for your patience and eventual response!

~ Jenney
Old Oct 24th 2002, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

yep, I believe so. Keep in mind he has to send in the checklist IV-15 in order for them to set up an interview. So the sooner he does that the sooner you'll get your appt. My fiance requested his Police Certificate and he will be mailing his completed checklist to the embassy sometime next week or the week later, just to give him sometime to wait for the certificate. He received a reply card saying that he should have the certificate before 12/3 and from what I've read they send out the interview date 3 weeks ahead of the actual date. So, we think it's plenty of time.

Btw...Mrtravel, thanks for the info
Old Oct 24th 2002, 9:24 pm
Scarlett

Default Re: affidavit of support

>The way I'm reading the info on the embassy website, the provisional
    >file is set up once Mark sends in the completed downloaded forms. They
    >then enter this info into their system, and in the meantime Mark (and I)
    >collect the stuff on the checklist for him to bring with him to the
    >interview.
    >Is this correct? I just want to make sure I'm understanding this
    >provisional file stuff right!
    >Thanks for your patience and eventual response!
    >~ Jenney

Yes, that's right. Fill in and send in the downloaded forms for packet 3 - biog
data, nonimmigrant visa app. and fiancé supplement. Put a cover letter with it
requesting they open a provisional file and tell them you'll be sending in the
checklist as soon as you have all your docs. This is the fastest way to deal
with London and really makes a difference time-wise.

Good luck!

regards
-=-
scarlett

Old Oct 25th 2002, 1:45 pm
I'm back!

Thanks for the info, Kat & Scarlett -- I'll put Mark onto it straight away!!

In the meantime, I'm trying to find out what sorts of documentation my retired parents would need to provide as co-sponsors for the I-134. (Check out my thread, "What if co-sponsors are retired?") If either of you (or anyone else) has any knowledge on this, please pass it on! I don't want to ask my parents if they'd do this without knowing exactly what is required of them -- I'd like them to say yes, after all!

~ Jenney