Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Affidavit question for Brits

Wikiposts

Affidavit question for Brits

Old Jul 24th 2002, 7:20 am
janesays

Default Affidavit question for Brits

While going through my paperwork which I am to take to the London Embassy for my
interview on the 6th Aug, I noticed a tiny mistake on the affidavit of support, When
my fiancée filled it out in the question on my citizenship, she filled out that I
was a Scottish Citizen, which is technically true, but if you wanted to be pedantic
about it you could argue that the answer should be British. Anybody else had
experience of it being filled out with either Scottish, English, Welsh or Irish? and
was there any problem?

thanks

Alan

Old Jul 24th 2002, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Affidavit question for Brits

Alan,
I really wouldn't worry.
To try to put your mind at rest, the staff at the Embassy are extremely helpful, and (in my opinion) they will appreciate what is
afterall a minor error.
The fact that Scotland has a separate parliament, in effect you are still part of Great Britain.
If it puts your mind at rest, you could attach a "wee" note to the
Affadavit explaining, however I cannot see that being a problem.
The only problem I could foresee, is if they question how well your fiancee knows you, and ask you (or her) if she is at the interview "where do you live" and she doesn't know that Scotland is part of the British Isles.
The chances of that happening are 1 in 1000, just bear it in mind, and have a suitable answer prepared.

So that's it, if you have everything else ready, I look forward to
a whooooopee from you on the 7th August.

Good luck
Roger