Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

affidavit for people to verify our relationship for I-751 filing

Wikiposts

affidavit for people to verify our relationship for I-751 filing

Old Mar 24th 2002, 11:05 am
Joel

Default affidavit for people to verify our relationship for I-751 filing

Is this a document that must be notorized, or officiated by anyone in particular or
just statements w/ signatures and contact information. Are these necessary? i don't
have a lot of information to provide other than marriage certificate, a joint tax
return, maybe some insurance papers and check stubs with both names. pictures galore.
is this likely enough?

Old Mar 24th 2002, 10:35 pm
Price

Default Re: affidavit for people to verify our relationship for I-751 filing

Joel wrote:
    >
    > Is this a document that must be notorized, or officiated by anyone in particular or
    > just statements w/ signatures and contact information. Are these necessary? i don't
    > have a lot of information to provide other than marriage certificate, a joint tax
    > return, maybe some insurance papers and check stubs with both names. pictures
    > galore. is this likely enough?

Do the instructions on the I-751 say that the affidavits must be notarized? If not,
they do not have to be. They are optional but most people recommend they be included,
particularly if your other evidence is "weak." I doubt they want photos (are they on
the list of items printed on the form itself)? If you feel you don't have a lot of
evidence then include the affidavits. Removal of conditions has been approved without
the affidavits (search the archives of the group) but in your situation I would
include them.

Old Mar 25th 2002, 5:51 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The instruction sheet says they are to be sworn. To me, as a notary, this means the signature of the person is to be notarized at the time of signing.

As for the need, it is better to present too much validation of the ongoing marriage than too little and risk an interview.

We are filing the I-751 next month and plan on include 4 such affidavits in addition to a mountain of documentation attesting to our continued marriage since the time of the issuance of the conditional green card.

BTW unless you can prove the date the photo was taken, it is great to include it but won't really mean anything.

Rita
Old Jun 12th 2004, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

morfritz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
The instruction sheet says they are to be sworn. To me, as a notary, this means the signature of the person is to be notarized at the time of signing.

As for the need, it is better to present too much validation of the ongoing marriage than too little and risk an interview.

We are filing the I-751 next month and plan on include 4 such affidavits in addition to a mountain of documentation attesting to our continued marriage since the time of the issuance of the conditional green card.

BTW unless you can prove the date the photo was taken, it is great to include it but won't really mean anything.

Rita
Hi, I am also getting ready to file form I-751. Concerning these affidavits, are they just statements by people we know, or is there actually a form that needs to be filled out.

For example, would it be enough just to use a word processor to type up a letter and then have a notary witness the signature?

Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 6:42 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by morfritz
Hi, I am also getting ready to file form I-751. Concerning these affidavits, are they just statements by people we know, or is there actually a form that needs to be filled out.
For example, would it be enough just to use a word processor to type up a letter and then have a notary witness the signature?
Thanks for the help.
There is no forms..go here to see a sample letter
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=examples