Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Affadavit Of Support Question

Affadavit Of Support Question

Old Aug 25th 2002, 1:08 pm
Karen

Default Affadavit Of Support Question

Hey There,

Silly question...or maybe not. After the second NOA from the INS and you get the
packet three from the consulate, I understand theres an AOS the American fiance has
to fill out. Was a form not already filled out when the first info. package was sent
to the INS? Is it different or the same form? I'm just confused on why they need
the same info. twice if they already have it?

Thanks

Karen

Old Aug 25th 2002, 2:28 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: Affadavit Of Support Question

Affidavit of support is NOT sent in with the I-129 or I-130. It is given to the
consulate at the interview.

Karen wrote:
    > Hey There,
    > Silly question...or maybe not. After the second NOA from the INS and you get the
    > packet three from the consulate, I understand theres an AOS the American fiance has
    > to fill out. Was a form not already filled out when the first info. package was
    > sent to the INS? Is it different or the same form? I'm just confused on why they
    > need the same info. twice if they already have it?
    > Thanks
    > Karen

Old Aug 26th 2002, 12:17 am
Karen

mrtravel <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Affidavit of support is NOT sent in with the I-129 or I-130. It is given to the
    > consulate at the interview.

So it isn't part of the checklist that gets sent back to the consulate but rather I
take it with me to the interview? In other words, I don't have to be on my fiances
case to get it done for me ASAP because we don't need it immediately? Is that right?
Really appreciate your help!!!

Karen

Old Aug 26th 2002, 3:17 am
Jonathan_atc

You'll need it to take with you to the consulate interview. It must be notarized
and dated within 30 days of turning it in to a consular officer. It is then good for
90 days after that.

--
Jonathan_ATC "Karen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
google.com
    > mrtravel <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Affidavit of support is NOT sent in with the I-129 or I-130. It is given to the
    > > consulate at the interview.
    > So it isn't part of the checklist that gets sent back to the consulate but rather I
    > take it with me to the interview? In other words, I don't have to be on my fiances
    > case to get it done for me ASAP because we don't need it immediately? Is that
    > right? Really appreciate your help!!!
    > Karen

Old Aug 26th 2002, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

L S Jones is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me where I can confirm that the I-134 MUST be dated within 30 days of submission ?

This is the first time I've heard that. I've already sent one to my overseas sweetie so she'll be ready
when the time comes, and it's already older than 30 days. Will I need to do another one and send it to her ?

Thanks

Lon

Originally posted by Jonathan_atc:
You'll need it to take with you to the consulate interview. It must be notarized
and dated within 30 days of turning it in to a consular officer. It is then good for
90 days after that.

--
Jonathan_ATC "Karen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
google.com
    > mrtravel <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Affidavit of support is NOT sent in with the I-129 or I-130. It is given to the
    > > consulate at the interview.
    > So it isn't part of the checklist that gets sent back to the consulate but rather I
    > take it with me to the interview? In other words, I don't have to be on my fiances
    > case to get it done for me ASAP because we don't need it immediately? Is that
    > right? Really appreciate your help!!!
    > Karen