Wikiposts

advice please

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

spooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice please

Hi all, well have got interview at embassy in london 6th sept and i am on holiday till the 13th in the USA so will have to reschedule it has taken 11years up to now, questions if anyone can help how long after interview does it take once validated in the US how long before visa expires as we are not ready to go at this time, or is it then open ended, just lost parent and house market rubbish all our money is in the house so couldnt go without selling, also can you reschedule medical and interview for same day as we live a long way away and would find it difficult to get time off to go twice, and how much will they want for medicals and interview for 2 adults hope someone can help
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:39 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice please

They will not normally schedule the interview until after the medical is completed. However they have made exceptions for people with really difficult travel problems. Think living on a Scottish island. You can ask, especially from what you say you seem to have been given an interview date before you have done the medical.

The visa is valid for 6 months from the date of the medical.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

hi thanks for the reply, does that mean i have 6mths to validate, but then am i permitted to come back to uk until i am ready to move as i said i cannot sell house with the market as it is and would have no funds to go with and have just lost hubbys mum and cant leave father in law as yet, yes i did get interview before i have booked medical i havent heard anything for over 12mths so didnt expect it lol x
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:11 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spooks
hi thanks for the reply, does that mean i have 6mths to validate, but then am i permitted to come back to uk until i am ready to move as i said i cannot sell house with the market as it is and would have no funds to go with and have just lost hubbys mum and cant leave father in law as yet, yes i did get interview before i have booked medical i havent heard anything for over 12mths so didnt expect it lol x
You must use the visa within 6 months of your medical date. You can come to the US and enter, and then may leave to return to the UK to wind up your affairs.

You will land as a permanent resident of the US. So they will expect the US to be you main residence. Leaving to wind up your affairs for up to 6 months shouldn't cause a problem, longer than that it might. It sounds as if you are not ready to move yet, or in 6 months time. You cannot come back and remain in the UK indefinitely winding up your affairs, as you might well have a problem revolving around abandonment of status in the US.

I assumed at first you were coming on a spouse visa and answered accordingly. Rereading your post you mention 2 adult visas, so what visa did you apply for, that could effect the accuracy of my reply.

Last edited by lansbury; Aug 2nd 2012 at 6:17 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

ok thank you for reply, typical i have waited over 11 years and now the loss of a family member and the way the house market is and now things start moving i dont know what else i can do as i dont have any funds as everything is tied up in the house x
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I assumed at first you were coming on a spouse visa and answered accordingly. Rereading your post you mention 2 adult visas, so what visa did you apply for, that could effect the accuracy of my reply.
Since it's taken 11 years to get to this point, it sounds like a USC sibling sponsored immigrant visa.

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spooks
ok thank you for reply, typical i have waited over 11 years and now the loss of a family member and the way the house market is and now things start moving i dont know what else i can do as i dont have any funds as everything is tied up in the house x
You can keep in touch with the embassy for a while, to let them know you need more time before attending an interview. Ask them to cancel this interview date, and you will notify them when you're ready for an interview. Of course don't let it drag on forever, but you could probably get away with postponing the interview another 6 months, and get 5 or 6 months validity after the interview, so that gives you almost a year to wrap things up.

You MUST keep in contact with the consulate throught this time, to let them know you are not abandoning your visa application.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 2nd 2012 at 6:29 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Hi thanks, yes it is a sibling visa when i first started my 2 sons were coming with me and hubby now its taken that long they have their own families and have been taken off lol. will ring embassy tomorrow and see what they say, i would be gutted to lose it now but i cant see how i could go within the alloted time as i cant see house sales moving at the minute ah well i will have a think lol..thanks again to you both Debbie