Advice on k1 visa

Old Mar 24th 2019, 3:00 am
Just Joined

Feisty1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on k1 visa

1 other question, my usa boyfriend does not earn enough to meet requirements although I have four properties already in the usa, 1 we reside in, (him permanently and me when I visit), plus 3 rental properties all of which are in my name only. Can this rental income that I receive and pay us tax on be used as evidence that I can support myself once we are married.
Old Mar 24th 2019, 3:12 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Feisty1
1 other question, my usa boyfriend does not earn enough to meet requirements although I have four properties already in the usa, 1 we reside in, (him permanently and me when I visit), plus 3 rental properties all of which are in my name only. Can this rental income that I receive and pay us tax on be used as evidence that I can support myself once we are married.
Yes, you need "income", but it doesn't need to be "earned income". Also once you're married all income is joint income, so all your income plus all your husband's income can be reported for the purpose of applying for your visa, so long as it will continue after you immigrate to the US, so earned income outside the US would not be includable if it ceases when you immigrate to the US.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 24th 2019 at 3:16 am.
Old Mar 24th 2019, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Be careful with long visits to the US, some have got away with it, others have not.

CR1 say 15 months?

And as usual make sure you have your Medical Insurance side covered.
Old Mar 24th 2019, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

For past 3 years I have been staying between 65 -85 days then returning to Uk for 90 days minimum then returning to usa
Old Mar 24th 2019, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

Well you can do that until you can not. And nobody here can tell you when that will be.
Old Mar 24th 2019, 7:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Well you can do that until you can not. And nobody here can tell you when that will be.
I'd be surprised if she encounters a problem. I knew someone who did "twelve weeks in, one week out", continuously back-to-back, for two straight years that I know of, and probably at least one or two more than that. Granted, this wasn't recently, but I suspect that the advice usually repeated here on BE is overly cautious.
​​
​​
Old Mar 24th 2019, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

There have been a few who have done a long trip on here and then been bounced the next time.

I know somebody who effectively lived in the US on a B2.

Sort of like those people who visit the US once a year to maintain their Permanent Residency. Or me breaking the speed limit and not getting a ticket.
Old Mar 24th 2019, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Well I do have own property in USA, as well as 3 rental properties, and never over stay any visits, so fingers crossed it stays ok. Now planning to marry on my next trip in may, completing the CR1 form, returning to the UK in July, then back to USA in November to January. So not too many trips I hope before CR1 is approved.
Old Mar 24th 2019, 7:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Feisty1
Well I do have own property in USA, as well as 3 rental properties, and never over stay any visits, so fingers crossed it stays ok. Now planning to marry on my next trip in may, completing the CR1 form, returning to the UK in July, then back to USA in November to January. So not too many trips I hope before CR1 is approved.
With immigration, terminology is very important. There is no "CR1 Form". After marriage, your husband will file form I-130 which starts the whole process. Then there are several more forms along the way until you ultimately have your CR-1 visa interview, most likely around May 2020.

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2019, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for all the advice