Originally Posted by Capt. Tuttle
[email protected] wrote:

>Anyone out there got the advanced parole? Can you please tell me how
    >long did it?
    >Thanks
    >
Our first AP approval took 7 months. The second, which we just received
about a week ago, took 2 months!
I applied for one 3 weeks ago. Haven't received anything from them yet.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 10:33 am
Banned

tshaalan1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: advanced parole

I applied for AP 2 months ago, i got the NOA but no approval yet. Now its past the 60 days. dont know what to do.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 10:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tshaalan1
I applied for AP 2 months ago, i got the NOA but no approval yet. Now its past the 60 days. dont know what to do.
You could make an Infopass appointment and go in to inquire about the status of it.

Rene
Old Jun 9th 2005, 11:26 am
bekieu

I wonder if we can go to our local uscis and ask them to do it quicker
if we have a special situation such as our father is really sick?
anybody had this experience?
Thanks

tshaalan1 wrote:
    > > I applied for one 3 weeks ago. Haven't received anything from
    > > them yet.
    > I applied for AP 2 months ago, i got the NOA but no approval yet. Now
    > its past the 60 days. dont know what to do.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 9th 2005, 11:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bekieu
I wonder if we can go to our local uscis and ask them to do it quicker
if we have a special situation such as our father is really sick?
anybody had this experience?
Thanks
You would need to make an Infopass appointment in order to ask them to expedite the AP. But from what I've seen posted on here, they won't do it unless they consider it an ultimate emergency...in fact, they didn't even approve someone to go back to a family funeral....or to accompany a minor child traveling who DID receive the AP before the mother did.

Couldn't hurt to try, but don't have high expectations. If you do try, bring plenty of evidence to support why you would need the AP sooner...statement from hospital, doctor, etc.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

jamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nice

Originally Posted by bekieu
Anyone out there got the advanced parole? Can you please tell me how
long did it?
Thanks
You can check the timelines at:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

The current average processing times for an Advanced Parole is: 58
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:58 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You would need to make an Infopass appointment in order to ask them to expedite the AP. But from what I've seen posted on here, they won't do it unless they consider it an ultimate emergency...in fact, they didn't even approve someone to go back to a family funeral....or to accompany a minor child traveling who DID receive the AP before the mother did.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Wow cant believe that they wouldnt consider a family funeral as an emergency.....surely someone there has to have a heart???
Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Paw1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shepslady
Wow cant believe that they wouldnt consider a family funeral as an emergency.....surely someone there has to have a heart???
It's been 23 days since they received my AP application, the check hasn't even been cashed yet. I was at the local office to ask about it, there's nothing they can do. According to them a request to expedite is a real long shot, very few ever get expedited by the NBC. All we can do is wait. If it really take 56 days then I'm in trouble.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by shepslady
I know! Maybe the applicant didn't have adequate backup information to show USCIS to get the expedited AP.

Rene
Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I know! Maybe the applicant didn't have adequate backup information to show USCIS to get the expedited AP.

Rene
A step closer I am. I received the NOA yesterday. I wrote a letter to the NBC with the request to expedite my case, I also included my travel itinerary. Let's see what happens.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:52 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paw1
A step closer I am. I received the NOA yesterday. I wrote a letter to the NBC with the request to expedite my case, I also included my travel itinerary. Let's see what happens.

Fingers crossed you have some good luck with this matter.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

andipav is an unknown quantity at this point

My best advice GO TO YOUR CONGRESSMAN - they can get it super expedited.

Ours managed to do it in less than 48 hrs ( from visit to in my hand )
We needed it - I tried neighbouring Walk ins, my own office etc, called multiple lawyers, my own lawyer wrote a letter etc all to no avail. My own office said that it could only be expedited if for a death ( certificate NEEDED!) and one other impossible thing that I cannot remember now!
The congressman's assistant was really great, efficient, friendly and got the job done. Its one of the congressman's jobs - help people in his community.

I am about to apply for my second AP - the first one took about 5 months so this should be better but I'm more informed and organised now.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether its better/faster to apply online??
Thanks
Andi
Old Jun 27th 2005, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andipav
My best advice GO TO YOUR CONGRESSMAN - they can get it super expedited.

Ours managed to do it in less than 48 hrs ( from visit to in my hand )
We needed it - I tried neighbouring Walk ins, my own office etc, called multiple lawyers, my own lawyer wrote a letter etc all to no avail. My own office said that it could only be expedited if for a death ( certificate NEEDED!) and one other impossible thing that I cannot remember now!
The congressman's assistant was really great, efficient, friendly and got the job done. Its one of the congressman's jobs - help people in his community.

I am about to apply for my second AP - the first one took about 5 months so this should be better but I'm more informed and organised now.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether its better/faster to apply online??
Thanks
Andi

Great news. I received my AP 2 days ago. Here's what happened. I talked to the supervisor at my local office about my situation and that I had to have my AP within a week. He made that his personal mission. He talked to the NBC and made it happen within 48 hrs. He called me on a Saturday to inform me that it was approved. Wow! I am really impressed. He managed to change my openion on USCIS.

I don't want any problems when I return so here are my question. I received 2 documents (they look the same to me), do I take both of them with me? What exactly happens at the port of entry? What other documents do I have to show? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.