Reload this Page >

Advance Parole timeline

Advance Parole timeline

Old Feb 5th 2019, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

harleytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advance Parole timeline

Hi all,

Long time lurker here with my first post - thank you to all who have given advice about the K1 visa process, this forum has been an invaluable resource.

I recently arrived in the US and today (February 5) my wife and I filed my AOS. We are concerned about Advance Parole - I've seen that it should take less than 90 days, but also that people have been waiting much longer lately.

We are due to go back to the UK in May for my best friend's wedding (I'm the best man) and the wedding date is May 25, 109 days from now.

Has anyone applied for AP recently? What are my chances of receiving it before the big day? I'll be devastated if I can't go, so if anyone has any tips or advice to speed up the process, they'd be hugely appreciated.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 10:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advance Parole timeline

Yes many have and are waiting for the EAD/AP card and it is taking 90 days + from the date of biometrics. My only suggestion to you would be nearer the time of the wedding, i.e. 4 weeks away, either call the 1-800 number and follow up on the A/P or contact the local political rep and have them try to speed it along.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Very hard to give a timeline, I personally wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get your AP in time for your friends wedding. (Not trying to be rude/negative... just realistic!)

Rete's advice is as solid as you'll get, there isn't really much else you can do other than what she's suggested.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 10:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It has been taking longer than 90 days to get EAD/AP card in hand. As Rete suggests, perhaps you could try to expedite it, but no guarantees.

Rene
Old Feb 5th 2019, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute

From the recent posts here and on various Brits in the US groups I'm a member of on Facebook; I'm usually seeing AP/EAD combo cards taking 4-5 months as a minimum. There are however the occasional ones that skirt through quicker (I even saw an AOS take 5 months recently, which is nuts) so there is some hope, but in all honestly it seems very unlikely you'll have your card in hand in 109 days.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all for the quick replies, looks like we're set for a frustrating wait. We'll do all we can to chase it up as per the suggestions, so thank you.
Old Feb 6th 2019, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

CaptainAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry to say that my experience was 121 days to approval (with an added month on top due to delivery issues) when I filed in June last year. Add on a few more days for actual delivery too. I was able to get my local Congressman's office involved in the end due to USCIS's inflexibility - and they worked quickly to help solve the problem - so as others have mentioned, that is a potential option should it come to it in the end. There is no guarantee even with a Congressman's involvement, however they're more likely to receive a more helpful/specific response than you'd receive from just speaking to USCIS directly yourself. Fingers crossed it won't come to that, but prepare yourself for all eventualities.
Old Feb 6th 2019, 1:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica
I'm sorry to say that my experience was 121 days to approval (with an added month on top due to delivery issues) when I filed in June last year. Add on a few more days for actual delivery too. I was able to get my local Congressman's office involved in the end due to USCIS's inflexibility - and they worked quickly to help solve the problem - so as others have mentioned, that is a potential option should it come to it in the end. There is no guarantee even with a Congressman's involvement, however they're more likely to receive a more helpful/specific response than you'd receive from just speaking to USCIS directly yourself. Fingers crossed it won't come to that, but prepare yourself for all eventualities.
That’s useful to know that a Congressman can have such an impact. 121 days would be just too long for me, but hopefully asking for help earlier will speed things along. Thanks!
Old Feb 6th 2019, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Aquapanther is an unknown quantity at this point

My AOS just recently went through is less than 4 months, however my EAD & AP (now not needed) have not moved since the application was received in October.
So I guess this goes to show that, while I seem to have been extremely lucky, anything is possible but nothing is predictable.
Old Feb 6th 2019, 3:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

With current processing times it would be equivalent to lottery win.

I would approach it from a different angle as a wedding nost likely will not work, get a job offer and seek an expedite, they come as a combo.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Hello all,

By means of an update, my biometrics were taken today, so the timeline now looks like this:

Filed on Feb 5
Biometrics on Feb 20
Wedding in Britain on May 25 (94 days away)

Judging by all your helpful comments a couple of weeks ago, it still seems like a long shot that I’ll be able to get back in May. But I’m definitely encouraged by how quickly the case has moved so far, and plan to take the advice shared in this thread a little closer to the time.
Old Jul 9th 2019, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

amanseth is an unknown quantity at this point

Any updates on your situation? I filed I-131 on Feb 21st and have still not received combo card. Biometrics were done April 2nd.
Old Jul 10th 2019, 3:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by amanseth
Any updates on your situation? I filed I-131 on Feb 21st and have still not received combo card. Biometrics were done April 2nd.
As others on this thread have mentioned, the EAD/AP card certainly is taking longer than 90 days - I still don't have mine 5 months later.

However, that's completely irrelevant because I already have my green card! The AOS interview was on June 18, couldn't have been more straightforward, and it turned up in the mail a few days later.

Bizarre to have received it before the combo card. It seems that we were just very fortunate to have a proactive case officer on the AOS.

Filed on Feb 5
Biometrics on Feb 20
AOS approved on June 18