Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Advance parole question

Wikiposts

Advance parole question

Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advance parole question

Originally Posted by Daniel Conroy
Hi,
thanks again for more information

So, if I apply for the AP, along with my I485 etc, what do I put as my
reason for travel? They seem pretty serious on this form about the fact that
an AP is not something to be taken lightly, and I currently have no reason
to travel to the UK - it would just be IF needed.

Thanks,
Daniel.
Hi Daniel,

It's perfectly OK to state the reason for travel as "to visit back home" or "in case of family emergency".

My husband put his reasons as "possible business trips to Turkey" and "possible family emergency in Iran". The AP was issued with no problem, and fortunately he never had to use it, either.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Daniel,

It's perfectly OK to state the reason for travel as "to visit back home" or "in case of family emergency".

My husband put his reasons as "possible business trips to Turkey" and "possible family emergency in Iran". The AP was issued with no problem, and fortunately he never had to use it, either.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Ditto, I think there used to be a reason issue, but now just put something that sounds OK, I used Aged Parents!
Old Jul 19th 2005, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Butterfly8081 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Souls canuck and Everyone,

Before your AP got approved (after four months), did the status change on the online case status website or did you just receive it without any case status update on the website??? My case status has not changed since April.

Butterfly8081

Originally Posted by souls canuck
hmm, mine took about 4 months I think.. applied for everything at the end of sept and got my 1 ye ead and ap at the end of jan.05
Old Jul 19th 2005, 1:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butterfly8081
Hey Souls canuck and Everyone,

Before your AP got approved (after four months), did the status change on the online case status website or did you just receive it without any case status update on the website??? My case status has not changed since April.

Butterfly8081
Our online status changed to "approved" before we received the AP in the mail. But I know the online status is not always reliable.

Rene
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:04 am
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Daniel Conroy]Hi,

QUOTE]

Good questions Daniel. I think I'll just sit around and wait for one of the 'brains' to reply to your post. Thanks!

~Sean~
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:16 am

[QUOTE=Seanus]
Originally Posted by Daniel Conroy
Hi,

QUOTE]

Good questions Daniel. I think I'll just sit around and wait for one of the 'brains' to reply to your post. Thanks!

~Sean~
Hi Sean....scroll up a few posts and you'll see I answered Daniel's question. It's ok to put "visiting family" as the reason for travel, doesn't have to be a planned trip yet.

Rene
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE]

~Sean~[/QUOTE]

Mine:

I am applying for advance parole in order to be able to visit my family in England. My parents are both elderly and I would like to be able to visit at short notice if either of them were to become dangerously ill.