Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Advance Parole Qualification?

Wikiposts

Advance Parole Qualification?

Old Apr 24th 2001, 10:29 pm
Andrew

Hi,

For advance parole, form I-131 indicates you need to attach a letter explaining how
you qualify for advance parole and what circumstances warrant its issue.

The instructions indicate advance parole is available for "emergent personal
reasons." The FAQ states advance parole is available for "any reason."

My fiancée would like to visit her family in Canada during xmas just to be there.
Does this qualify as an "emergent reason" in the eyes of the INS?

We will include this form along with her AOS & EAD papers once we get to that point.
Should she just include a letter along with that packet saying she is applying for
AOS and would like to spend the holiday with her family?

How hard is it to get advance parole just to visit relatives?

Thanks,

Andrew

--
--------------------------------
Andrew R Bruemmer Burnsville, MN USA

"Save the drama for your mama"

Old Apr 24th 2001, 11:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

There is no difficulty in obtaining advance parole. My Canadian husband had two of them for the express purpose of visiting relatives in Canada and monitoring his real estate holdings.

Jim put multiple visits requested on Part 3 and for date of travel put "undetermined". In his cover letter stated that since anticipated AOS would be over 18 months was requesting multiple entry A/P so that he could travel to visit relatives, for vacation trips and business in Canada.

Old Apr 25th 2001, 12:08 am
Andy Platt

The form's a little out of date. Any reason is OK now. FWIW, the reasons I stated
when I got my AP were two weddings and a trip home at Christmas.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >
warrant
    >
    >
    >
personal
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
saying
    >
family?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 25th 2001, 12:49 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew,

My wife recently obtained her multiple-entry Advance parole from the Cherry Hill (NJ) suboffice of the Newark (NJ) District Office. Newark, until a year or so ago (exact timeframe?) was one of the 2 or 3 offices most notorious for denying AP. Her letter simply stated that, as a K1 visa entrant awaiting AOS, she wanted to visit her family sometime this summer and be prepared to visit at any other time in the event of a family emergency. She entered her date of travel as "to be determined" on the form. The AP was approved without a single question being asked. Apparently AP is strictly a routine paperwork process these days.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Andrew
Hi,

For advance parole, form I-131 indicates you need to attach a letter explaining how
you qualify for advance parole and what circumstances warrant its issue.

The instructions indicate advance parole is available for "emergent personal
reasons." The FAQ states advance parole is available for "any reason."

My fiancée would like to visit her family in Canada during xmas just to be there.
Does this qualify as an "emergent reason" in the eyes of the INS?

We will include this form along with her AOS & EAD papers once we get to that point.
Should she just include a letter along with that packet saying she is applying for
AOS and would like to spend the holiday with her family?

How hard is it to get advance parole just to visit relatives?

Thanks,

Andrew

--
--------------------------------
Andrew R Bruemmer Burnsville, MN USA

"Save the drama for your mama"