Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Advance parole - processing time update

Advance parole - processing time update

Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

PhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nice
Default Advance parole - processing time update

I'm here on a K-1 and applied to adjust status in mid-October last year. On Wednesday, I called USCIS and asked if they could give me any idea of when I'd receive my advance parole, as I'm supposed to be speaking at a conference in London in May. They said they had no information. Then lo and behold, it arrived the next day - so that's four and a half months. It was processed by Lee's Summit, MO.

It's funny how desirable the UK becomes when you're effectively not allowed to go there. I came over all nostalgic when London was brought to a standstill by all that snow.

I'm still waiting for my EAD and (obviously) green card. I know it's no guide to future performance, but does anyone have any recent experience of how long these might be? I had a request for additional evidence in December, and politely told them they had all the information already. That was the last I heard. And I had my biometrics done in January.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advance parole - processing time update

Originally Posted by PhilG
I'm still waiting for my EAD and (obviously) green card. I know it's no guide to future performance, but does anyone have any recent experience of how long these might be? I had a request for additional evidence in December, and politely told them they had all the information already. That was the last I heard. And I had my biometrics done in January.
Well, it is generally advised by members here that when you get an RFE, even for evidence you already sent, you send it again. It appears to be common occurance that RFEs are for evidence that was misplaced/lost from the application (or mabye it's just because ajudicators were too lazy to look for it -who knows). If city hall asks you for more information, you don't just tell them "sorry I already sent it" you say "here it is again, sir."

Not that I'm trying to make you nervous or scared, but it is a possibility your reaction to the RFE could cause delay in your EAD and possibly your AOS approval.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here on a K-1 and applied to adjust status in mid-October last year. On Wednesday, I called USCIS and asked if they could give me any idea of when I'd receive my advance parole, as I'm supposed to be speaking at a conference in London in May. They said they had no information. Then lo and behold, it arrived the next day - so that's four and a half months. It was processed by Lee's Summit, MO.

It's funny how desirable the UK becomes when you're effectively not allowed to go there. I came over all nostalgic when London was brought to a standstill by all that snow.

With an RFE involved, there is no way of predicting when you'll receive AP and EAD. The norm is 60 days for AP, 90 days for EAD, but as you can see, your AP took about 130 days. The RFE throws everything off.

Rene
Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Well, it is generally advised by members here that when you get an RFE, even for evidence you already sent, you send it again. It appears to be common occurance that RFEs are for evidence that was misplaced/lost from the application (or mabye it's just because ajudicators were too lazy to look for it -who knows). If city hall asks you for more information, you don't just tell them "sorry I already sent it" you say "here it is again, sir."

Not that I'm trying to make you nervous or scared, but it is a possibility your reaction to the RFE could cause delay in your EAD and possibly your AOS approval.
I agree, when UCIS says jump you ask how high, not tell them you already told them you could jump.
Sad but true, you need to roll with the programme.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norri
I agree, when UCIS says jump you ask how high, not tell them you already told them you could jump.
Sad but true, you need to roll with the programme.
Although Mr. F does point out quite often that an acceptable response to an RFE is exactly the one the OP gave.

The only thing you can't do is ignore the RFE.

Rene
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Although Mr. F does point out quite often that an acceptable response to an RFE is exactly the one the OP gave.

The only thing you can't do is ignore the RFE.

Rene
what may be acceptable is not neccesarily best, while conducting your own process I'd shower USCIS with whatever pieces of paper they want however often they want them.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:31 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

PG,

You called the USCIS National Customer [Dis]Service Center, aka the Mis-Information Line?

What they told you was correct (for a change) - they do indeed have no more information than you can get yourself from the Online Status information.

Regards, JEff

I'm here on a K-1 and applied to adjust status in mid-October last year. On Wednesday, I called USCIS and asked if they could give me any idea of when I'd receive my advance parole, as I'm supposed to be speaking at a conference in London in May. They said they had no information. Then lo and behold, it arrived the next day