Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Advance Parole - Any reason not to use?

Advance Parole - Any reason not to use?

Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:47 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advance Parole - Any reason not to use?

How is Keith with all of this, Tracy. Was or rather is he close to his Dad? It has only been a year for me and vividly recall my Dad's passing and how having seen him just days before the end helped me with the grieving.

Thinking of you and Keith.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
How is Keith with all of this, Tracy. Was or rather is he close to his Dad? It has only been a year for me and vividly recall my Dad's passing and how having seen him just days before the end helped me with the grieving.

Thinking of you and Keith.
Thanks for all the kind thoughts (everyone else as well).

Keith knew this day would come - it was just way sooner than we expected. Of course he's upset... but somewhat accepting I suppose. His dad had said - go have your life, it's ahead of you, don't worry about me. So they were both fine with Keith's decision to come over. So I guess he's as well as can be.

I'm glad for his dad though - it was SO fast. He was perfectly fine the night before. So a shock for everyone else - but good for him. There are lots of worse ways to die of cancer
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry to hear this.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:18 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Tracy

I'm so sorry to hear about both of your sad and difficult situations. My sympathies to Keith and to you on his dad's illness. It's very hard being so far away.

I also know how much your beloved dog meant to you and I can only imagine what it must be like for you. I dread the day when my little one leaves us.

At least you and Keith are together to help comfort each other through the difficult times that life throws at us and bring you closer than ever.

Maggie

Originally Posted by Tracym
Well this sure isn't my week - thursday we unexpectedly lost my beloved dog, and today Keith's dad is horrendously ill. We knew he had malignant melanoma, and it wasn't removed quickly and therefore had spread. But he'd been doing very well, and now unexpectedly had a big stroke - sounds unlikely he will survive.

So... Keith arrived from Scotland on a K-1, we married, but he does not yet have advance parole. The lawyer is trying to rush that through, so if dad wakes up, Keith might be able to see him alive, or at least so he could possibly go to the funeral.

My question is: Is there any significant disadvantage to him using the advance parole if he gets it? I know he will then be PAROLED into the US rather than ADMITTED. What I do not know is what, if any, the significance of that is for a K-1.

Thanks in advance for the help.