Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

advance departure question/timeline?

Wikiposts

advance departure question/timeline?

Old May 17th 2004, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

DaisyDoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advance departure question/timeline?

i am leaving to visit my family in montreal on july 18th and it's been 1 month since my noa.... online they posted that they are processing april 22 yet it has to be 30 days before april 22 in order for them to call or asked some information. question should i schedual my plane ticket? or should i wait. also how long did it take you to get your advance departure approved and which office did you go through ... was there anything you did to speed things along?
Old May 17th 2004, 8:44 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advance departure question/timeline?

Originally posted by DaisyDoe
i am leaving to visit my family in montreal on july 18th and it's been 1 month since my noa.... online they posted that they are processing april 22 yet it has to be 30 days before april 22 in order for them to call or asked some information. question should i schedual my plane ticket? or should i wait. also how long did it take you to get your advance departure approved and which office did you go through ... was there anything you did to speed things along?

I believe you are talking about the NOA for Advance or Parole correct??, AP timeframes depends on where you filed, where did you file?
I wouldn't book the plane ticket without having the AP approved, but If you want to risk it.. nobody can stop you
I do not think you can speed things up.. sorry!, if it was an emergency I think the AP could be expedited.. but your situation isn't an emergency.
Good Luck

Ps: Thanks for updating your timeline..